Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all your great replied to the questions from my son. Yes, this may be a combination of bad bowel habits, bad eating habits, and maybe a little natural C tendancy. But, I would like to get him on top of it - I mean teach him how to get on top of it - before or in case it becomes a habit or a problem.Here's my questions:He's started taking Perdiem once a day about 4 days ago. I started him on once a day even thought the bottle says twice because I have seem some previous posts where people have said if they start the fiber to fast they get horrible bloating and gas. Is this right? Does thi happen with those of you who take Perdiem?If this is true, when should I start the twice a day? He actually likes the stuff ( I got the mint flavor), so its not a problem getting him to take it. But, so far, no change in bowel habit. Still his once a week BM.Thanks again! I'll have him check in himself again later. (If I ever see him, that is. Mrching band in the morning, then school, then football practice, then.... I rarely see him!)------------------"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." (Robert Frost)

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Lefty, its good to start off slow,because your body has to adjust to it,and yes it can cause gas and bloating,but that eventually subsides. It should take a couple of days to a week before it starts working.I would have him do what he's doing now for a week then increase the dosage. When it starts to work you can adjust the dosage,I think were all different in how this works for us. I hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts