Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recently underwent a couple more tests and of course, the results to them were all negative. Below is a complete list of the tests that I have undergone so far, and their results:---------------------------------------1.Endoscopy - (Result) "Negative"2.Barium Swallow - (Result) "Negative"3.Various bloodwork tests - (Results) "Negative"4.Urine Sample test (Result) "Negative"5.Stool Samples - (Results) "Negative"7.Sonogram - (Result) "Negative"8.Sigmoidoscopy - (Result) "Negative" 9.Celiac Sprue - (Result) "Negative"----------------------------------------the WORST part about all this is that I don't share the "common" symptoms with most of you. As I read your messages, it becomes increasingly frustrating to read about your intestinal problems, while MY main problem is not with the intestines, but with NAUSEA. My doctor and I are both almost as our wits end. As you can see by the tests above, we've ruled out about 85% of the standard tests that could possibly be related to this, and they're ALL negative. Is there ANYONE out there, who's main symptom is nausea, and has been able to come up with any tests that showed why the nausea was occuring? I'm willing to try just about any test that's available if it will mean that we can get to the bottom of WHY I have had persistent nausea for the past 4 months. ANY help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
EVENFLOW: __________________________________"Is there ANYONE out there, who's main symptom is nausea, and has been able to come up with any tests that showed why the nausea was occuring? " _________________________________Oh yeah...got a wheelbarrow full of em! Up to and including the extreme Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome...[in remission]. _________________________________"Various bloodwork tests - (Results) "Negative" _________________________________Any idea what your white count differential was? I am sure the WBC was not elevated or doc would have said so and paused....but what was the differential count (ie: the counts by specific type)...there can be a little known subtlety in ther which has been noted under a crtain specific condition which is a marker.Also tell me a little about the history of this "nausea" problem...precursor events and onset...and the patterning. If you posted all that elsewhere I apologize for missing it.There are a number of specific physiologic aberrations which can occur, and several types of immunologic dysfunction which can eleude detetcion by conventional means are possible...and treatable.I'll check back in the a.mMNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
EVENFLOW: __________________________________"Is there ANYONE out there, who's main symptom is nausea, and has been able to come up with any tests that showed why the nausea was occuring? " _________________________________Oh yeah...got a wheelbarrow full of em! Up to and including the extreme Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome...[in remission]. _________________________________"Various bloodwork tests - (Results) "Negative" _________________________________Any idea what your white count differential was? I am sure the WBC was not elevated or doc would have said so and paused....but what was the differential count (ie: the counts by specific type)...there can be a little known subtlety in ther which has been noted under a crtain specific condition which is a marker.Also tell me a little about the history of this "nausea" problem...precursor events and onset...and the patterning. If you posted all that elsewhere I apologize for missing it.There are a number of specific physiologic aberrations which can occur, and several types of immunologic dysfunction which can eleude detetcion by conventional means are possible...and treatable.I'll check back in the a.mMNL

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've had all the tests you've had and lots more (some even 4 times - ct scan for one). all are negative. I'm nauseous all the time. Carbonated drinks seem to make it worse. I wish Iknew what to tell you. I've had this going on 2 years now, seems like a lifetime tho. If you find out anything please let me know. My doctor has just given up and said stay on low fat and enzymes, there's nothing more I can do. RATS!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've had all the tests you've had and lots more (some even 4 times - ct scan for one). all are negative. I'm nauseous all the time. Carbonated drinks seem to make it worse. I wish Iknew what to tell you. I've had this going on 2 years now, seems like a lifetime tho. If you find out anything please let me know. My doctor has just given up and said stay on low fat and enzymes, there's nothing more I can do. RATS!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
EvenfloI have had so much nausea and vomiting on my time here on earth that it is unbelievable...For me what is helping was figuring out what my trigger foods was and staying away from them..All my test would come back negative and I thought I was going to lose my mind....untill a few months ago and I took the bloodtest that Leap Allergy does and it should my trigger foods so I am staying away from them and so far so good......and I would be sick from 5 to 40 hours of throwing-up....Hope you start to feel better real soon..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
EvenfloI have had so much nausea and vomiting on my time here on earth that it is unbelievable...For me what is helping was figuring out what my trigger foods was and staying away from them..All my test would come back negative and I thought I was going to lose my mind....untill a few months ago and I took the bloodtest that Leap Allergy does and it should my trigger foods so I am staying away from them and so far so good......and I would be sick from 5 to 40 hours of throwing-up....Hope you start to feel better real soon..

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Hey Donna...Had not talked to you for a few days...been so busy around here and not enough help...glad to hear the improvement is steady and continues! we always love patients who follow instructions...it works so much bette that way!
Now if only I had done so (followed instructions) putting together StepahanieNL's new Tnka electirc riding truck Christmas Eve. She would have actually gotten it on Christmas Day ....any way she is now the terror of the neighborhood chasing down old ladies with shopping bags....at least my Guardian Angel helped me out finding my mistakes or it would still be in the warehouse out back!keep up the good work!MNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Hey Donna...Had not talked to you for a few days...been so busy around here and not enough help...glad to hear the improvement is steady and continues! we always love patients who follow instructions...it works so much bette that way!
Now if only I had done so (followed instructions) putting together StepahanieNL's new Tnka electirc riding truck Christmas Eve. She would have actually gotten it on Christmas Day ....any way she is now the terror of the neighborhood chasing down old ladies with shopping bags....at least my Guardian Angel helped me out finding my mistakes or it would still be in the warehouse out back!keep up the good work!MNL

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Happy New Year Mike.....See next Christmas you need to read the directions first
Still doing real good haven't been sick at all and the best part is No Hospital
I really feel alot better and still taking the supplement

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Happy New Year Mike.....See next Christmas you need to read the directions first
Still doing real good haven't been sick at all and the best part is No Hospital
I really feel alot better and still taking the supplement

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.