Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyday when i wake up it seems like i have to wait forever to have a bm. it really throws off my day b/c when i wake up i want to get up, take a shower, and start my day. instead i have to wait to have a bm (or multiple) and then shower and start my day. it is throwing me off horribly with school and i feel like i am not going through the "normal routine" like i once did. before i used to wake up and just hop in the shower and going to the bathroom before was never on my mind. now it's the complete oppopsite. is there anything that anyone takes before they goto bed to clear out their system so they can actually start their days normally?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The only thing that seems to work at all for me is to get up earlier. Wish I could help more. Your'e not alone and I know the feeling of wanting to get on with you day without having to wait for "it" to happen and then have to stay with it til it stops.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The only thing that seems to work at all for me is to get up earlier. Wish I could help more. Your'e not alone and I know the feeling of wanting to get on with you day without having to wait for "it" to happen and then have to stay with it til it stops.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm...being an IBS - C person, I am lucky if 'it' happens at all.
I too am annoyed at how it sometimes sets me back and makes me late to certain things...especially if that time is spent only waiting for 'it' but with no avail...sorry I have no help

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm...being an IBS - C person, I am lucky if 'it' happens at all.
I too am annoyed at how it sometimes sets me back and makes me late to certain things...especially if that time is spent only waiting for 'it' but with no avail...sorry I have no help

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Adam,I get up at 5 am and my sons high school starts at 7am so I do my regular routine get ready shower and it seem 10 mins before I need drop him off my tummy acts up and I have to go then. But I am also IBS D.My antispasmodic med (donnatal extendtabs) have helped with the am D. Hang in there I am learning to roll with lifes punches.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Adam,I get up at 5 am and my sons high school starts at 7am so I do my regular routine get ready shower and it seem 10 mins before I need drop him off my tummy acts up and I have to go then. But I am also IBS D.My antispasmodic med (donnatal extendtabs) have helped with the am D. Hang in there I am learning to roll with lifes punches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been lucky that my jobs have been either afternoon or night shifts so I have plenty of time before going to work. But I am starting a new job that is dayshift and I'm a bit anxious. I tend to have the same experience as greeen. Even if I get up early I don't have to go until right before I need to leave the house. It is very frustrating and I usually end up taking Immodium.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been lucky that my jobs have been either afternoon or night shifts so I have plenty of time before going to work. But I am starting a new job that is dayshift and I'm a bit anxious. I tend to have the same experience as greeen. Even if I get up early I don't have to go until right before I need to leave the house. It is very frustrating and I usually end up taking Immodium.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have ibs c-d, so my mornings are always bad whatever way you look at it. i have big probs w/ incomplete evac., and i guess that is what really throws my day off. when i dont get that good morning "start" my entire day seems to be bad. i'm trying to cope with it as best as possible but most of the time i'm just secluding myself way too much. maybe i just need to learn how to be an "alone" person, but the problem is, i dont want to. my g/f and i recently broke up (tried to do the whole long distance thing but didn't work) and i'm finding it very hard to move on b/c i dont have anything to look forward to. i feel like i'll always be alone and i hate it. i'm 20 years old, i wanna be able to date around, do stuff with friends, but with the complications i have i feel trapped by myself. i guess like everyone else i always feel like "why me?" people always make rude comments to me about odor and things like that, and it is hard to be like it is not my fault! but there is no way they would understand the agony that i have to put up with day in/day out. oh well, dont mean to sound like i'm complaining just get very frustrated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have ibs c-d, so my mornings are always bad whatever way you look at it. i have big probs w/ incomplete evac., and i guess that is what really throws my day off. when i dont get that good morning "start" my entire day seems to be bad. i'm trying to cope with it as best as possible but most of the time i'm just secluding myself way too much. maybe i just need to learn how to be an "alone" person, but the problem is, i dont want to. my g/f and i recently broke up (tried to do the whole long distance thing but didn't work) and i'm finding it very hard to move on b/c i dont have anything to look forward to. i feel like i'll always be alone and i hate it. i'm 20 years old, i wanna be able to date around, do stuff with friends, but with the complications i have i feel trapped by myself. i guess like everyone else i always feel like "why me?" people always make rude comments to me about odor and things like that, and it is hard to be like it is not my fault! but there is no way they would understand the agony that i have to put up with day in/day out. oh well, dont mean to sound like i'm complaining just get very frustrated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts