Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you wake up with a queasy stomach in the morning? No, I'm not pregnant but feel like morning sickness. My doctor said this could either be from my IBS or hormonal fluctuations (I'm going thru perimenopause). I hate this feeling--any suggestions what to do?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I get that from low blood sugar in the mornings. Eating a snack/small meal the night before helps, as does starting the day with some juice or Sprite. The dreaded D helps to throw my blood sugar out of whack, but I'll feel sick in the mornings without D too_Oh Lilymaid, are you out there? (I bet you are!) Do you have a link to that nausea thread you started a bit back?Tania, if no one posts a link to that, or you get impatient, try doing a search for "nausea" and "pukey"

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow, atp, it's like you're PSYCHIC! (cue spooky music now)...
I found that link: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017327.html -- it's called, "Feeling really barfy today... any helpful suggestions, compassion, me too's???" (yeah yeah, always talkative, I know...)I've found that when I get that yucky taste in my mouth and feel a little queasy, eating something helps (as mentioned above).A lot of us also like the chicken broth approach (more info at link above). I'm going to fix it again today-- chicken broth, potato, carrot, and some rice pasta. Actually, I'm not nauseous today, but yesterday afternoon I got major D from something and my intestines have been feeling senstive every since. I think some homemade soup is what I need.
I've also found that sucking on Jelly Bellies really helps... but a different flavor works every day. Hmm.Any questions, glad to help. Regards, Lilymaid

·
Registered
338 Posts
I do, I wake up alot with a queasy stomach, then when I eat it goes away. I have no ideal why either. Ibs related? God Bless

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't know if it's IBS-related, but there seems to be a blood sugar link. They think that morning sickness for women is caused because their stomachs are empty and they get right up to start their day with low blood sugar and get woosy. Women are told to snack a lot during the day and eat protein if they feel queasy. They're even told to stay in bed and have some crackers and juice or a little protein, and THEN slowly get out of bed and start their day.I'm hypoglycemic, and I find that with this latest nausea-IBS thing, that if I feel queasy and then eat something, I feel better. Could just be the blood sugar component.Regards, LIlymaid

G

·
I wake up feeling queasy from time to time. It usually happens if I have been having stressful dreams. I think it is a nerve thing. But blood sugar is probably a more valid explanation.I do the Sprite thing. I don't know what I would do if they stopped making Sprite. It seems to be the only thing that calms my stomach. Although, I wonder if it contributes to my gas...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too have morning nausea. It doesn't go away after I eat...it only goes away after my first D of the morning. I have to eat some breakfast because the Dicetel needs to be taken with food, but usually all I can stomach is a piece of toast...and I have to gag it down.Boy, sometimes this IBS sure does feel like a pregnancy. First the morning sickness, and when my intestines spasm it feels like a baby is kicking! And the gas makes my belly swell! At least with this pregnancy there are no dirty diapers or or 2am feedings at the end of it! (although, I think that would be preferable... ;-))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts