Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I seem to have problems when I wake up and early in the day. My system seems to then settle as the day goes on and becomes regular. eg about 10mins after I wake up I go to the loo. Then I go again 20mins before I go to work. Then I have to sit on the bus partially feeling I need to go again. Then once at work I go. Then for the rest of the day my system starts to settle and I dont need to go again. What can I do please help. Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
This is pretty normal.In EVERY person, not just IBSers the colon is at its most active first thing in the morning.Some people find an antispasmodic (like a time relased one...like Levbid) at bedtime can blunt this in the morning. Imodium might as well, but it might plug you up too much. Mostly getting up a bit earlier can help alot with travel to work issues. Sometimes eating breakfast mid-morning may help as eating also increases colon activity.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
This is pretty normal.In EVERY person, not just IBSers the colon is at its most active first thing in the morning.Some people find an antispasmodic (like a time relased one...like Levbid) at bedtime can blunt this in the morning. Imodium might as well, but it might plug you up too much. Mostly getting up a bit earlier can help alot with travel to work issues. Sometimes eating breakfast mid-morning may help as eating also increases colon activity.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes the Cog. Behav. Therapy, Hypnotherapy works well for this, but some people really don't want to hear much about that.Antidepressants may also calm down the nerves that are overacting in the gut.Mostly depends on the how annoying it is what you would want to do about it.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes the Cog. Behav. Therapy, Hypnotherapy works well for this, but some people really don't want to hear much about that.Antidepressants may also calm down the nerves that are overacting in the gut.Mostly depends on the how annoying it is what you would want to do about it.K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.