Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, im new to this board and am new to IBS. Im only 19 and up until a few months ago i was fine. Getting up whenever the alarm went off. normal bm 3 times a week etc. now i am in despair. every day i am waking up at 6am feeling sickly and with stomach cramps, i then need to go to the toilet 3/4 times the first stool is always hard and the rest is very soft/ sloppy, orangey coloured and very smelly. there is also undigested food in this stool. by about dinnertime the pain has mostly gone away and the rest of the day i am mostly fine. sometimes very moderate pain after eating tea etc. i am drastically losing weight due to not knowing what to eat etc. and am worried because i am going back to university in the next few weeks. i have had trouble with lactose for about a year but up to now i have only avoided the main lactose culprits. milk, cream etc. i am now avoiding all the lactose products. i am in dispair because if i think to the future i am desperate to be a teacher and if this continues in the morning like it is i dont think i will be able to. this is a lifelong dream of mine and i would be gutted if i found that the ibs held me back. please anyone with morning sickness symptoms who has beaten them help me. thanks a lotxxx

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's how it started for me a few months ago. I'd suggest going to the doctor ASAP so they can diagnose you quickly and start trying to find something that will work for you.Also, look up Linda's Calcium info the the Diarrhea section. I'm still going to the toilet all morning with it but what comes out isn't nearly as unpleasant as it was.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Morning is a very common time for people with IBS to have symptoms.That is the time when the colon is normally most active.Which foods you eat may not effect the morning is the most active time thing. I'd focus on eating healthy. When stools are loose you see the undigested food, but it is usually always there. There are lots of foods that only are broken down by chewing. Whatever isn't chewed completely comes out the way it went down.You should run this past the doctor to be sure it is IBS and not anything else. There are lots of treatments both home ones like the Calcium or Imodium and prescription ones.K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have the "morning sickness" ... I've been searching and googling on this... I have yet to find anwers... But I will flag this post! Hopefully someone will help us!!I am so tired of the morning nausea that I have actually decided to NOT have a baby. There is no way I could go through that again..Good Luck! And i'll be keeping my ears open!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
There are lots of non-prescription things which help. Along with what Kathy has mentioned there is also hypnotherapy (Mike's Tapes have been put together for IBSers), IBSacol, and a number of other products--both OTC meds and supplements--that all have their supporters. This is what has worked for me for over 6 years:http://ibsgroup.org/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f...0261/m/42310453Good luck with this. There is no reason to give up on your dreams because of this. Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.