Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get these weird pains in probably lower stomach, upper intestine area from time to time. Usually in the morning before I'm going to feel hungry or right after eating breakfast. I don't eat heavy in the morning. The pains are short lived but not sure what it is. I'm fine otherwise and my "D" has been in remission for about 4 mos...knock on wood. Does anyone else get this or can relate? Maybe it's just gas and tummy is in shock from the first meal??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The colon wraps around the outside of the abdomen so pain from it spasming can occur anywhere in the abdomen, including up near the stomach.Like everything else in your body your colon has a 24 hour rhythm.You wake up, the colon wakes up and is at it's most active time.It also gets more active after each meal.One explaination is that when it gets the wake up call from you getting up and/or you eating breakfast it may be spasming rather than just doing the smooth muscle thing the way it should.Most people seem to have certain areas more prone to spasming than others, although some people have different spots that go off at different times.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The colon wraps around the outside of the abdomen so pain from it spasming can occur anywhere in the abdomen, including up near the stomach.Like everything else in your body your colon has a 24 hour rhythm.You wake up, the colon wakes up and is at it's most active time.It also gets more active after each meal.One explaination is that when it gets the wake up call from you getting up and/or you eating breakfast it may be spasming rather than just doing the smooth muscle thing the way it should.Most people seem to have certain areas more prone to spasming than others, although some people have different spots that go off at different times.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.