Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Motilium (Domperidone)?It has regulated my BM's tremendously and I am grateful for this.The problem, however, is that I have had absolutely no relief from this terrible distension (I look 8 months pregenant
) What has your experience been, and what are the possible reasons my distension has not been alleviated?Thanks,Lisa

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're speaking about the same medication; they are used for both of our symtoms. I was hoping that it would help with my distension, but no luck so far
I'm thinking about asking the GI I'll be seeing next week what he thinks about my trying an Antispasmodic

G

·
LisaL - I find that when things help my bowel movements, they make my distension worse. I htink the colon needs to relax to let gas out - if that is what is causing your distension. I think with a lot of us stool is never the reason for our distension. It has to be either trapped gas or some sort of abnormal muscle tension pushing things out. Can't remember if I asked, but have you tried Levsin? I'm still advocating it and I think we've crossed paths on our symptoms before. It made my stomach FLAT!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Joan,I will ask about Levsin - it's on my list of 2 000 000 questions for the GI
So if it is trapped gas that is causing the distension, how do I stop it from coming back? And does this mean I stop doing things to help me go, such as Motilum, and Aloe Vera juice?Thanks,Lisa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts