Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read Motofen seems to be working for many with ibs-d. I want to try Motofen but it is not available in the UK. Does anybody have any suggestions how I might acquire Motofen over here?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Motofen (diphenoxin) Is a controlled substance in the UK, Its not licensed either.You could try it's weaker counter part Diphenoxylate (Lomotil,Dymotil) as they are avaliable and licensed in the UK. Dymotil can be bought OTC from most Pharmacies but has to be specially ordered it costs about £5 for 20 tabs.Lomotil is a prescription medicine and can be easily obtained via a Doctors prescription.The only way to get Motofen in the UK legally would be to get it perscribed in the US and bring it over. You would have to declare it to customs and show a copy of the script. Any amount to last more than a month would need personal license from the home office.You can find out and get the forms from: http://www.drugs.gov.uk/drugs-laws/licensing/personalIt's all explained on the site, and it costs nothing to get a license however; it's probably only worth it if you can't get benefit from any meds avaliable in the UK.Best Regards,mr_colt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I take Lomotil preventively for anticipated tough situations when I just want to constipate myself (have to catch a plane, be a pallbearer, give away the bride, etc.) I avoid regular use, as I'm afraid of developing tolerance (I already need 3 or 4 tablets to guarantee.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.