Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Movicol is basically the same thing as Miralax, here in the States. I tried it for about 4 days in a row a few weeks ago. It took an awfully long time to produce a BM (4 days). But then once it did start to work, I was very regular and felt like I was pooping out daily everything that was ready to come out, if you know what I mean. It made my stools very, very soft, and this lasted for about 10 days.I took one dose a day for the first couple of days, then when nothing was happening, I took a double dose all at once. That gave me a terrible headache and made me feel sick, but it did get things moving! I haven't tried it on a long-term basis yet, but I'm planning to take some with me on a long, cross-country car trip next week. I imagine that I'll have to take it every day (or almost every day) for a whole month, so I'll report back again in October and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Movicol is basically the same thing as Miralax, here in the States. I tried it for about 4 days in a row a few weeks ago. It took an awfully long time to produce a BM (4 days). But then once it did start to work, I was very regular and felt like I was pooping out daily everything that was ready to come out, if you know what I mean. It made my stools very, very soft, and this lasted for about 10 days.I took one dose a day for the first couple of days, then when nothing was happening, I took a double dose all at once. That gave me a terrible headache and made me feel sick, but it did get things moving! I haven't tried it on a long-term basis yet, but I'm planning to take some with me on a long, cross-country car trip next week. I imagine that I'll have to take it every day (or almost every day) for a whole month, so I'll report back again in October and let you know what happens.
thanks,i tried taking it every other day and that worked to some extent but i took it for 4 days in a row and that really worked. since then i stopped the last 3-4 days and was fien till yesterday, not sure whether i should start again,going to see how tomorrow goes.i take 2 sachets at night and when i wake make sure i have a litre of water as i think it can dehydrate,see whatr happens i suppose

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was prescribed movicol 3 weeks ago, one to be taken daily the dr said, so thats what i did, on the pkt it says 1-3 daily or for impaction 8 sachets in 6 hrs.Last friday I was so bad writhing on the floor in agony literally screaming and crying because of the pain, I was told to take 8 sachets in 6 hrs so.......... I took 7 in 6 hours I couldn't handle anymore, it made me feel so sick and the headache was so bad I physically couldn't get out of bed, I took 4 the next day still with the nausea and blinding headache, however even taking that amount it took two days before it worked, am now taking 2 a day which seems to be ok, I'm not going every day but close to every other day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.