Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As most people with IBS I have had a lot of trouble with gas and bowel noises.
Now I was lucky enough to been working for 6 years (2 abroad) in noisy big offices so I have managed to survive.
A new opportunity appeared where I could move back home but I have found out that the company has a pretty small office with 5-6 people and I would be working there.
Before I found that out I informally accepted to move and work there.
Now I'm in a state of panic as I usually avoid any activity that requires me to sit in a silent room.
I'm thinking about giving up on that opportunity and burning that bridge but by doing so I would be able to keep working in my current company abroad. I miss home, but coming back to a job that I will quit in a month due to be unable to work keeps me up at night.
Anyone been through anything similar?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hi,

As most people with IBS I have had a lot of trouble with gas and bowel noises.
Now I was lucky enough to been working for 6 years (2 abroad) in noisy big offices so I have managed to survive.
A new opportunity appeared where I could move back home but I have found out that the company has a pretty small office with 5-6 people and I would be working there.
Before I found that out I informally accepted to move and work there.
Now I'm in a state of panic as I usually avoid any activity that requires me to sit in a silent room.
I'm thinking about giving up on that opportunity and burning that bridge but by doing so I would be able to keep working in my current company abroad. I miss home, but coming back to a job that I will quit in a month due to be unable to work keeps me up at night.
Anyone been through anything similar?
Take Beano and simethicone (aka gas relief) pills every day. You could also take charcoal pills to lesson any gas odor - take a couple before each meal, they work great and you should notice the results in about two days.

Don't skip days taking any and all pills. Take them religiously.

P.S. I have heard that charcoal pills can cause constipation, so be aware.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

I read that charcoal pills should not be taken at the same time as other medication could that be a problem with simethicone/beano?

I suffer mostly from IBS-D and gas so constipation should be ok i guess.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.

I read that charcoal pills should not be taken at the same time as other medication could that be a problem with simethicone/beano?

I suffer mostly from IBS-D and gas so constipation should be ok i guess.
I guess the charcoal could absorb some of the ingredients and make them less potent, but I always took everything together and didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's great when potential employers give you time to think. It's convenient in the author's case because he would have time to test if his medication helps and make an informed decision. In our time, it's rare to find adequate employers, especially in your own country. I worked abroad for several years, and when I decided to return home, I got into a terrible company. Employees were not appreciated. The management tried in every possible way to save money on us. I couldn't imagine that I would swear for injury payments in a critical infrastructure production. I had to learn a lot of new things on the Internet on websites like this oxnerpermarlaw.com. I never want to be in that situation again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts