Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from February til May sometime, I was getting some pain(burning, cramping, spasms,ect, the pain always changed) that would generally be in the upper left portion of my abdomen. Plenty of splenic fixture pain, but most directly below the rib, but still above the navel,etc. Then my pain went away for almost 2 weeks. Completely gone, and I was convinced I was cured. Started drinking coffee daily again, and after 4-5 days, I began to get pain in a new general area. It now is lower left, below the navel line, from about the belly button to the hip. It radiates around there. Also, getting it on the right side, identical pain, and directly across the left side. I used to get it on the right every blue moon before, but more so now. My question is, what exactly causes the pain to move like that? How does one spot that was having pain for a few months completely disappear, and a new spot(s) pop up? I assume the nerves are all over and not firing right? It just seems that if you have pain in an area, it would be consistant there and not move much. But mine has literally been in 5-6 different areas over the course of the past 5 months.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
IBS pain can change.. wax & wane.. come & go.Also keep in mind, one's colon goes literally all the way around one's abdomen.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BQ.I just find it odd how it does this. How it can pick a spot for a bit, then change somewhere else. Im somewhat relieved that its not just one single spot all the time. Something about it travelling is comforting in a weird way, but none the less, it is very confusing.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
but none the less, it is very confusing
Agreed... it confounds experts as well.. so at least we are in good company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.