Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still kind of new here. I have read about some of you taking MSM. I am just wondering what it is? Is it from conventional medicinal pratices or herbal? Fill me in!!! Also, does anyone take Levsin (sublingual) for cramps. I just got a prescripton yesterday and have not used any yet. I just wanted to see if it is effective. I tend to get crippling abdominal cramps and am desperate to find a way to help releive them. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
MSM stands for methlyl sulfonyl methane. It is apparently a derivative of DMSO and it is claimed to remove free radicals and presumably could be useful in treating inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis, at least that its use in horses.Many web pages on the Internet make highly questionable claims for this supplement, even claiming it a product of human metabolism.There is no evidence it does anything in humans, though it is conceivable it might supply one with sulfur.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome, josie!i was prescribed Levbid and found the side-effects to be horrid. my vision was affected so i couldn't even drive. read your information on side-effects so you'll know what to expect. yes, it will help the pain from the spasms. i currently take bentyl; i find it is gentler for me, but levsin may be right for you.A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts