Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to this website but am glad I found it.I posted this question on the Meeting Place board and was informed by some very nice people that this board would probably be a better place. So, here goes. Recently diagnosed with IBS I have been having many classic symptoms since I had heart surgery in January. The most worrisome though, is an inability to control a mucous discharge. After initial urge I have less than a minute to get to a restroom. This occurs 6-8 times in an average day. This discharge also happens when I sleep. I won't go into all the lifestyle adjustments I've had to make to accommodate this phenomenon since you all know them, but I was hoping to get some input from people more knowledgable than I as to what I can do.I had a colonoscopy in April which was fine. My gastro MD has put me on an antibiotic just to rule out infection and if that doesn't work,plans to try an anti-spasmodic. But I'd like to get some feedback from other sufferers if possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.