Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Girls
I just wanna ask a pretty quick question. In recent days my ibs (D) has been playing up. When I wipe my butt, I am finding mucous on the toilet paper. The thing is, I am mid-menstrual cycle and wondering if this is actually butt mucous or hormonal mucous. I know when I wipe my butt hole, it is actually mucousy, but I am wondering if there is any specific way you can tell the difference???Anyone able to help me???MD's Gal

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Here is a little of the information off the "Diagnostic Criteria" section of this IBS website (bold face mine):
quote: Symptoms that Cumulatively Support the Diagnosis of IBS: -Abnormal stool frequency (may be defined as greater than 3 bowel movements per day and less than 3 bowel movements per week); -Abnormal stool form (lumpy/hard or loose/watery stool); -Abnormal stool passage (straining, urgency, or feeling of incomplete evacuation); -Passage of mucus; -Bloating or feeling of abdominal distension.
Hope this helps!

G

·
Hi ... I know just what you're talking about. The way I tell the two apart is to test its odor. If it's from the rectum, it stinks... if it's from the vagina, it doesn't... at least mine doesn't.Hope this helps Evie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.