Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have tried it all for my ibs-d, and for the most part all my symptoms are in control, EXCEPT mucus leakage.so i have two questions:1. are there any medications that will dry me out / reduce mucus output? mucinex type stuff that can be used off-label?2. is there any good way to get mucus stains out of clothes (tired of throwing away perfectly good clothes).any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
About the only thing I've heard anyone mention help may be antihistamines. Any of the over the counter ones that don't make you too drowsy during the day would work and all tend to be fairly safe for extended use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was my main symptom and I found a way to control, but not cure it. I take 1 Florastor capsule every four hours while awake and I rarely have any issues with mucus. The twice a day that the package recommends didn't cut it. It gets expensive taking that many pills but it sure beats the alternative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there's also a product called Spincterine (www.mintyass.com) that i thought was a joke at first, but it looks like it has some astringents in it that might help keep a slippery ass dry. i know i get that greasy feeling sometimes, and i'm thinking about trying this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts