Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been finding mucus in my BM and it enough that i see it in my BM and when i wipe. I've also been noticing discomfort in that area. This has just recently started. I was wondering if this is normal or if i should go get it checked out. I was also wondering what kinds of things could be causing this... Well thanks!J~J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exactlly is IBS... i don't really know what it is and can u fix it? I know this probably shoulds dumb but i'm just trying to figure out what it is....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactlly is IBS... i don't really know what it is and can u fix it? I know this probably shoulds dumb but i'm just trying to figure out what it is....

· Registered
544 Posts
hi jayjayi get mucous too sometimes. kinda nasty. its a normal occurence for those with IBS.have you been diagnosed by a doctor that you have IBS? with the question you posed, it sounds like you haven't. i recommend you see a gastrointestinal doctor.if you already have a doctor, i would hope they could give you information on what IBS is all about. i'm sure if you use a search engine online you would find many websites explaining what IBS is. if you look through the topics here, you may come upon some websites as well. i just dont know of any offhand or i'd tell you.take carejj

· Registered
544 Posts
hi jayjayi get mucous too sometimes. kinda nasty. its a normal occurence for those with IBS.have you been diagnosed by a doctor that you have IBS? with the question you posed, it sounds like you haven't. i recommend you see a gastrointestinal doctor.if you already have a doctor, i would hope they could give you information on what IBS is all about. i'm sure if you use a search engine online you would find many websites explaining what IBS is. if you look through the topics here, you may come upon some websites as well. i just dont know of any offhand or i'd tell you.take carejj

· Registered
23,788 Posts

· Registered
23,788 Posts

· Registered
33,934 Posts
Mucus is produced every day by your GI tract to lubricate things.When it is "unhappy" about something it will produce more mucus to protect itself. The something could be an infection, inflammation, or a parasite; the something could be a functional problem like IBS.The colon doesn't have alot of different things it can do so no matter what makes it "unhappy" it uses the tools it has and one of few it has is to produce more mucus.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
33,934 Posts
Mucus is produced every day by your GI tract to lubricate things.When it is "unhappy" about something it will produce more mucus to protect itself. The something could be an infection, inflammation, or a parasite; the something could be a functional problem like IBS.The colon doesn't have alot of different things it can do so no matter what makes it "unhappy" it uses the tools it has and one of few it has is to produce more mucus.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.