Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past two months I have been super interested in enemas. In the 2 years I've had constipation, I had never heard of an enema. I started of with Fleet Enemas, then realized they are not good for daily use. After that I went to water only enemas, this worked to an extent but didn't fully fix my problem (hard to pass stools). In the past 2 weeks I have been trying Oil enemas. Yes, oil enemas. I was as shocked as you at how amazing it was to have an easy stool because of oil. It makes a great lubricant for the hard/ dry stool. Oil combined with plain water enema seemed to help even more as it gets water into your stool, plus easy stool transit out of rectum due to the oil lubrication. The oils I use are vary. But for the most part most oils in your kitchen should work. I used olive oil, sesame oil, canola oil, etc. Make sure to check out that your oil will not due harm to your colon. However I don't think this is that bad of a worry as if it goes in your mouth it can usually safely go in your bum. I usually use 10-15mL oil. And 10mL if water. I wouldn't recommend more on the oil, however you can increase the water amount to whatever suits you.

All in all, if you've tried everything else to cure constipation and still haven't had success. I would highly recommend looking into a water and oil enema for daily use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.