Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in agonizing pain and i just need to vent i guess. i suffer from ibs (alternating)and have had hemorrhoids and anal fissures in the past. On Monday my hemorrhoids really starting bothering me, so i made an appt to see my dr. today. i fear the ibs-d portion of my disease more than the ibs-c so i think i tend to overmedicate myself with imodium and librax. i also take fibercon, caltrate, acidophilus, and probiotica. this morning when i woke up (before my dr. appt) i felt totally impacted and tried to give myself an enema.... i was so impacted that it was difficult to even get the saline in there. it helped to start clear me out but i had to use vaseline to finally get the impaction clear. as you can imagine, i was in unbearable pain, the hemorrhoids were bleeding (i probably ripped the fissure a little too). my dr. is actually pretty good... he believes IBS exists (doesn't think "it's all in my head") and seems to understand it.... today he is starting to suspect diverticulitis and is sending me to a GI to be scoped (of course it will take weeks to get an appt.)i absolutely had to have something for the pain, so he prescribed darvocet, which i have found to be less upsetting to my GI than percocet or codeine. it has taken the edge off my pain, but i am sitting here on a pillow, still in pain... thinking about how my life just sucks because of these GI problems.... my life is ruled by my bowel habits... i don't want to spend the rest of my life eating oatmeal and bananas... i was off from work today but i have to work tomorrow, and i pray the pain has subsided by then... i don't get any sick days and can't afford to lose income.i just needed to write this because i am so at the end of my rope with this thing. i am on anti-depressant meds also, btw. i just don't know what to do anymore. i just want someone or something to make me better .... it is so hopeless for me now[This message has been edited by isaac (edited 10-17-2001).]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Isaac,Wanted to know that I was here to listen. I have primarily IBS D, and I am well aware of how it can run your life and leave you feeling hopelss. I just wanted you to know, that it DOES get more manageable, you'll find a system that will work for you so you can avoid days like this. I know I have to take Immodium every day or else I'll be at the mercy of my bowels.It sounds like you have a great doc that really listens, I hope he can help you figure out how to lessen the symptoms and pain.Let us know what happens, ok?(((hugs)))

·
Registered
368 Posts
Isaac,Wanted to know that I was here to listen. I have primarily IBS D, and I am well aware of how it can run your life and leave you feeling hopelss. I just wanted you to know, that it DOES get more manageable, you'll find a system that will work for you so you can avoid days like this. I know I have to take Immodium every day or else I'll be at the mercy of my bowels.It sounds like you have a great doc that really listens, I hope he can help you figure out how to lessen the symptoms and pain.Let us know what happens, ok?(((hugs)))

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
My day isnt going very good either...I am at work and I am doing everything possible I can do to get my mind off of myself...And being here on the board is one of them..I just feel like I could throw-up everywhere..Hopefully it will pass and we all will feel better soon. Thank God I dont have much work to do today I am just going to look busy and hide out.....------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "[This message has been edited by ohnometo (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
My day isnt going very good either...I am at work and I am doing everything possible I can do to get my mind off of myself...And being here on the board is one of them..I just feel like I could throw-up everywhere..Hopefully it will pass and we all will feel better soon. Thank God I dont have much work to do today I am just going to look busy and hide out.....------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "[This message has been edited by ohnometo (edited 10-18-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.