Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed recently with IBS-C. At this stage I have only some idea as to what to do and where to turn. I am trying to get my symtoms under control at the moment with great stress as Im not sure if what I am doing is right. Im also not too sure how this site works so I am typing this out and hoping someone will be able to guide me a little in the right direction. I find that what I have read so far has been very helpful. Please Help!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi DonnaWelcome to the board. I've too found lots of good advice here and have found things to help me control my IBS (I alternate between C and D).My best advice is to read all you can, ask lots of questions and see what works for you. If you have any doubt at all, discuss it with your doctor. Some things like medications, you would have to anyway.Check out the constipation forum for some specific suggestions. I know people there have been helped with fiber and magnesium. Also, I recommend checking out the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypno forum under "Coping" I've been oing hypno for the past 9 months or so and have found it really helps. But it took over a year on this board to find the right combo of things for me.There is a lot of good info on here and the people are truly supportive.Take carenancy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.