Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I was just diagnosed w/ IBS a few days ago, so I'm here to find out more about it. I don't know much about IBS, but I know a lot about panic attacks because I've been having them since I was in the sixth grade, which was seven years ago.I'm always scared I'll have to run out of the classroom, but it's only gotten worse thanks to IBS symptoms. I have midterms coming up and I'm terrified, so I am going to try to follow some of the ideas people have posted here.Panic attacks are horrible and scary and sometimes debillitating. There are great therapies to learn to deal with them, like cognitive behavioral therapy and relaxation techniques, lots of which you can find out about on the web. I take perscription meds, but I know people who have had great success with Valerian root and St. John's Wart. Also, I often speak to professors when I find I'm experiencing bad attacks in their classes, and since you have IBS as well, you have a disease they will have to understand. Also, definitely not alone in this. I've had IBS symptoms for about 2 months now and I have horrible anxiety attacks when I'm driving when symptoms hit. It's awful and scary and just another issue to tack on. But you can get through them! Anyway, I'm off to get more info...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.