Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have been suffering with MILD bouts of IBS related symptoms for a few years now. After sigmoid and colonoscopy nothing was found and even testing for celiac disease came up negative. When I flare up, I experience bloating, gas, diarrhea, mucosy bm's, blood in stool or when wiping (have dr. diagnosed mild internal roids)and these symptoms last for a minimum of 4 weeks. Happens a few times a year but is annoying to say the least. I have just begun one of them. Frequent runs to the bathroom often produce only a small amount of mucosy liquid as others have indicated they have experienced on this site. I find the early morning is the worst time for me...almost the instant I open my eyes my intestines are gurgling and I have to run to the bathroom to avoid accident in pj's!!I now keep a food diary for everything I eat but still find that it is hard to know the EXACT food trigger. Definitely can't eat corn or any corn products (tortilla chips, fritos, popcorn, corn muffins) My question is, what should I be eating during my IBS-D bouts? I have tried bland diet (rice, chicken, pretzels)in the past but maybe the starches are a problem? Also, I end up losing weight every time I have a bout because I lighten the amount of food I am eating to avoid the trips to bathroom. I am only 125 lbs and can't afford to lose 5 lbs every time!!I also take Chlorella pills (3 pills twice a day) and they seem to have helped since the last bout...am going to start myself on the Calcium supplement right away as it may help...I appreciate any responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.