Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had originally posted this on the Managing Anxiety section of the board but was prompted to post it here so that a few more people would get the oppurtunity to read it. Anyway, heres my story....On Tuesday I had what was my first (and definately not last) appointment with a psychiatrist. She was great! I was nervous at first, but she was really nice and she totally put me at ease. She diagnosed me with anxiety, mild depression, mild panic, and mild obsessive compulsive disorder... whew! talk about a long list! She said that since the depression, panic, and ocd were mild, they could be treated easily, but the anxiety was pretty bad. She prescribed Celexa for the anxiety, and Remeron (sp?) for the depression. So far its worked great! Anyone else tried these? (I'm not allowed to know the side affects because I'll think I have all of them, so if you have, please don't tell me what the side affects you had ) She did mention that I might experience some nausea at first, but I'm so used to that by now, I haven't even noticed. So far I haven't had any episodes of D, not even in the morning, which used to be my worse time! The Remeron has given me my appetite back, as my Dr. said it would, and I have been eating like crazy (all my trigger foods of course) and I haven't had any D!! I feel great! I pray that I stay like this! I'm just all smiles Anyways we also talked about my GERD and she said that the symptoms that I was experiencing were probably caused by anxiety and that they should go away, well tonight I had Wendy's for dinner, along with a coke, and a few bags (yes, i said bags) of chocolate and I feel fine! I know its way too soon to say that I've been "cured" of IBS, but its finally like I'm seeing a light at the end of a long tunnel. Not only am I feeling better physically, but emotionally and mentally I'm starting to feel better as well. Hopefully with the right balance of meds and therapy, I will soon be able to forget about this IBS mess, and move on with my life. Thanks for reading! Take Care :love: Lindsay

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lindsay, congratulations, this is wonderful. I am going to see my doctor today to talk with him about my feelings of depression I am experiencing right now. Your story is very encouraging. He's not a psychiatrist but he's a good doctor and i trust him and he listens to me. Anyway I'm very happy for you. Jimmye

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm so glad that you're going to speak with your doctor about your depression. I hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted on what happens.
Take Care :love: Lindsay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.