Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that just had a baby a week and a half ago. After the baby was born she cut off all ties with all friends and family. She doesn't want to talk to anyone and just bosses around her husband like a slave. She left this message on her answering machine that just hurts everyone so much! We all were there for her so much and now it's like we are disposible.She doesn't seem depressed at all. Does this sound like "Post Partum Syndrome"? Please help! thanks alot!Cherish~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yikes! Most of the women I know who have had the post partum depression have been vary sad and fatigued...I don't know about this anger thing though. What on earth did she say on her machine????

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Princess, and welcome to the Board. It may or may not be postpartum syndrome. In the meantime, you would probably get more answers if you post this over on our Meeting Place, where we talk generally about ibs and other things.To get there, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see "Hop To". In the dropdown menu choose "Meeting Place" and it will take you there.Again, welcome to the BB!
JeanG[This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 07-17-2000).]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sounds like something a bit more severe than PPD. Or maybe she just wants to be left alone, although she could express it better if that's the case. If I were you, I would just hang in there if she's a really good friend. She might need you at a later date. I too am wondering what her message on the answering machine was.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well first of all -this ibs self help group thing...do you hav eto have IBS to be here? if so then I messed up cause I didn't really know what this was till I signed up, I thought it was a chat/post group. As for her message...it says--> "Hello everyone, don't call here I don't want to speak to anyone, for anyone who has ever has a child they know I don't want to be bothered...I want to be with kmy family and don't need to be bugged right now so once again...don't call" so that's not real cool as far as I'm concerned - No one has even called her anyway! so that's the deal with the message - thanks for responding! Cherish~

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey...I don't know much about the subject, being i am only 19 and have never had a child. If she has ppd, I suggest she find some articles about it, Marie Osmond had a severe case of it and also depression.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Princess --Yes this is an IBS site.Wow, what a harsh message! I am suprised her husband agrees to keep it! Sounds to me like there is alot going on with her. You are a good friend to be so concerned.

·
Registered
278 Posts
PrincessI don't imagine that she has ppd. That is a very serious condition. However, I'm sure she is having some hormonal problems. I have had three children and I too have had those feelings of wanting to be left alone. However, I would never have been as tactless as to leave a rude message on the answering machine. However, everyone deals with pressure and hormones and life changes in different ways. The best thing you can do is give her some space and talk with her about it when she is feeling better about things. Chances are she will feel really bad about it later on. Be sure not to push her away though. Be receptive to her when she is ready. Sometimes life changes are so hard for people to adjust to. I'm sorry your friend hurt your feelings though. That was pretty rude. Seems like she could have found a better way...hope i helped.s-n-t

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for your replies! You all are so sweet! Yes I think I am going to just wait till she is ready, she has to be going through alot...but yes I agree the message was out of line...(poor husband) he really has no say in things though. So I really need to have IBS to be on here huh? bummer cause you all are so nice. Well let me know! see ya!Cherish~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts