Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don�t want to jinx myself, but isn�t life wonderful! I USED to have bad IBS-D. You know, 20 times a day. Whenever I ate anything. Whenever I went anywhere. Stuck in the house for 2 years.I only saw the bathroom once this morning! I actually spent all last week doing errands. Every day! Hours at a time! No problems! NONE! I�d say it is 15% mental and 85% food (processed foods are the problem!)I started a water fast on June 3. Flushed myself out. Gas and cramps stopped after 48 hours. Zero carbohydrate diet for 5 days. Diarrhea continued. Couldn�t keep it up so I started munching on dry Cheerios. Had a bad attack of D and cheated� a lot. Tried to get back on the diet during the next 7 days.I read up on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Started on that and it didn�t seem to bother me much. Lived off of real Orange Juice for about a week. Ran carrots and apples through my juicer. Chewed Almonds until there were no chunks left. Cheddar cheese, plain yogurt, and meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and plenty of water. Plain slow cooked brown rice stopped the D. Just a quarter cup of rice a day!I ate Breyer�s mint chocolate chip ICE CREAM for lunch. No prob! I�ve found a little sugar and chocolate are tolerable too (cheated again). The result of cheating the second time was only guilt! There wasn�t any D!I can still detect a rumble now and then. NOW AND THEN, believe that! It used to be every 20 seconds just three weeks ago! The only thing I had to do was to stop eating processed and refined foods. All the #### with corn syrup and yellow #5 added. I eat REAL food. Anything that doesn�t have a lot of bulk. Just juices for now.I think of it this way. If Y2K knocked out all the factories, millhouses and packaging plants, what would be left to eat. REAL FOOD. Fruits and Veggies. Animals and Eggs. The plain yogurt seems to have helped too. I also stopped milk. It took just one month! It is easy when you can hit the OJ for a sugar craving and the Almonds for a bread attack.It is working! Will it continue? Am I just having an extremely improbable and coincidental good two weeks? I used to be happy to go three hours without a problem! It is such a gentle and gradual healing that I can�t believe it is happening!Listen to your body. Does it say, �You ate too much of the same thing in that meal, mix it up a bit.� What about, �Don�t snack between meals except for water.� Maybe, �Eat smaller meals but do so every 3 and a half hours.� It seems that having a sleeping and eating schedule has helped too.It figures that no amount of medications could ever correct the damaging effects of all the #### I was eating in �normal� foods. I can�t believe it took only a simple solution and a little patience.By the way, when somebody looks at you funny for eating �healthy� food tell them to F* off for me.I may not be coming back here much any more! Sincerely, The reborn and reconstituted �Dee�

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and keep it up! Have a great time LIVING again!Chloe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sure you want to call yourself reconstituted ? I thought you hated things that had been processed... LOL. Good luck to you, keep up the good work. Don't cheat or you will pay dearly. LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts