Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
I completed the Audio 100 Programme and it did not help me. Michael was good enough to make some other recordings specifically for me which of course I paid for but unfortunately they didn't help me. However, that doesn't mean that others cannot be helped.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks so much for your insights and taking the time to post your experience on my journey thread. Like all treatment methods, hypnotherapy does not work for everyone - but it has helped many people over the years and has a great efficacy record overall - with so many variables in the IBS condition, no one treatment fits all. Many folks find out they have other conditions in addition to IBS that are causing similar symptoms, and hypno won't help those. Michael receives referrals from gastros and GPs who were their 'heartsinks' and could not be helped by their methods. Many gastros do refer their patients to his program - even here in the US.People can post their success stories or their lack of success with this method- just as with medications, supplements, etc. If one single treatment helped, there would be no need for this support board. But I know from speaking with IBS patients all over, that this IBS treatment method - the IBS Audio Program - has given new hope to many people and can be just as effective - if not more so - than other treatments out there. If not, there would be tons more posts of people who were not helped - and all over the internet there are more positive posts than negative. Most folks do this as a last resort, with nothing else having helped in the past.I am so sorry you were not helped by this method like the others - I do hope you find your way to feeling better and I extend to you every good wish that you will! Thanks again for your post!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My question is for marilyn and thanks for your many posts that are incredibly helpful. You recently responded to me about the audio 100 program, but I have another question. My IBS-D just keeps getting worse and I have recently started to take the Caltrate 600 tablets to help control it. I have taken Librax for years and recently called my gastro Dr. to tell him that I did not think the Librax for working for me any longer. He wanted to change me to donnatal. I am on medicare and the medicine is not covered. When I looked at the price, it was about $1200 per month. When I looked at forums that compare the effectiveness of Librax to Donnatal, I do not see a significant difference. Since I cannot pay $1200 per month for the new drug, do you have any other suggestions. Could someone take Librax and Bentyl at the same time? I have the same issue with Viberzi which I tried for a week. I took it along with the dicyclomine. It seemed to stop the D, but the cost of it was also about $1200 per month. No can do. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Firstly, I am NOT a doctor, and can only share what has perhaps worked for others, and may or may not work for you. I have taken most of the meds you mention, and the good effects wore off and only side effects remained. Maybe try an OTC like a generic Dramamine which is for seasickness, but has the same effect as the Rx you mention. Slows things down, take 1/2 to 1/4 tab as needed, and up the doseage to see what works for you, but make sure it's OK w your doctor. He might be able to prescribe it for less if it's covered, otherwise, OTC price not as bad. Like Donnatal, Bentyl, Levsin, etc. they give you dry mouth, and may make you drowsy. I personally would not combine similar meds because you are just getting double the bad side effects, but you need to talk to your doctor for what is safe and helpful for you. Everyone is different, and also, you yourself can be different from day to day as well. Also, if you have just recently started the calcium, you may want to cut back eventually on meds, or hopefully even be able to stop. Some folks are also helped w acacia fiber which is gentle, and absorbs excess liquid that is a part of D. Again, consult w doctor, these are just possible,options and may or may not be right for you.

Take good care, all the best to you...:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question. After suffering with IBS-C for years and using all kinds of the usual treatments I finally have gone from Bristol 1 to Bristol 4. I have been using the IBS Audio Program for 33 days now and my anxiety level has dropped dramatically, I also take 4 tsp a day of Heather's Tummy Fiber and 3/4 tsp at night of Natural Calm magnesium at night. Eliminated dairy and a few other foods. This after a concentrated effort to get better and deciding to take my health in my own hands and get it figured out, over the last 8 months. Should I keep with what is working or eventually taper off on the fiber and magnesium after finishing the IBS program or just stick with what works or keep slowly increasing my fiber as is recommended.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts