Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS-D for many years. I'm 32 years old, and my kids are now entering the age of noticing that I go to the washroom all the time. How have any of you dealt with these questions from your kids? Also, is IBS Hereditary? Do any of your kids have similar symptoms as you do?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rico, I'm 36 and have the same problem. My kid always says...you have to go again. I just say I have stomach problems...which is true, still it ruins some family outings. My doctor says it isn't hereditary...and I hope he's right because I wouldn't wish this on anyone...but I'm not 100% convinced and keep alert for any problems my child may have.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rico, I'm 36 and have the same problem. My kid always says...you have to go again. I just say I have stomach problems...which is true, still it ruins some family outings. My doctor says it isn't hereditary...and I hope he's right because I wouldn't wish this on anyone...but I'm not 100% convinced and keep alert for any problems my child may have.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Kids are very resilient and flexible and can adapt to your needs. Mine understand if Mom says she has to go to the bathroom it means right now! It does interfere with outings and vacations, but they and my husband have been so understanding. Be honest and tell them why you can't wait and they will be okay with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Kids are very resilient and flexible and can adapt to your needs. Mine understand if Mom says she has to go to the bathroom it means right now! It does interfere with outings and vacations, but they and my husband have been so understanding. Be honest and tell them why you can't wait and they will be okay with it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Rico:My sons are 23 and 21 and my granddaughter is 5.I've had IBS-D for eight years now. We make a joke of it. My boys have seen my accidents and just make light of it. That has really helped me.Be honest. They love you no matter what.much love, mama-

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Rico:My sons are 23 and 21 and my granddaughter is 5.I've had IBS-D for eight years now. We make a joke of it. My boys have seen my accidents and just make light of it. That has really helped me.Be honest. They love you no matter what.much love, mama-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.