Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on the board for a couple of months. I thought I'd post an update for anyone on here who remembers me. The last time I was on I'd just got offered a job after the most horrific experience on the way to the interview (do a search of the archives if you want to know just HOW bad).Anyway. I've now started the new job, doing just what I always wanted - and guess what - I've been 100% better. No problems at all. Normal! All the anxiety has gone out of my social life - last night I even went out for a curry (inconcievable any other time over the past three or four years) with freinds and realised I'd gone out without immodium (doubly inconcievable) - that was a real test as I'm sure knowing I have immodium on me helps - I carried on to the restarante anyway and I was fine - my guts feel, well, 'normal' is the only way to describe it.I'm suppose my IBS will one day come back, I've been in remission before, but I don't ever remember feeling this good so maybe there is hope that it wont. Either way I'm just going to enjoy this much more stress free life (which is a paradox cos the job is about 10,000 times more 'stressful' in the usual sense of the word than my life prior to it - but you all know what I mean).The only 'medication' I take now is that Yakult stuff. You know the stuff, looks like miniture milk bottles and tastes like pure sugar but contains only 'good bacteria' for the gut. Placebo? Probably. But it's my placebo so I'll stick with it!Thought a story of hope may cheer some of you up. There is light at the end of the tunnel.Good health to you all.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great news! I wondered how you were doing. I know the wonderful feeling of being in remission. Let's hope it's permanent!
Debbie

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi, Dunny. I'm very glad for you. Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how you are doing. It's nice to ba a "fair weather " friend, too! Also, I'm glad you like your new job.------------------If you learn from your suffering, and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed. Maybe that's what it's all about after all...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good wishes and thoughts from a former U.K. resident (many years ago)... May you be in remission for a long, long time!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dunnyrunner- that is great - hope it continues for a good long time for you - if not forever
I've been feeling better myself these days. It sure is nice having a more "normal" life for awhile. ------------"My suffering teaches me about my disease. My pain teaches me about my life"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts