Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby and I had been nursing a craving for the Outback's shrimp on the barbie. The remoulade sauce is to die for. So, we finally caved and went this past Friday.I ate, plus Caesar salad, a little French onion soup, the dark bread, in between feeding our honeychunk son.But then shortly after, I felt my back ache, then almost wanting to be a headache, but approaching nausea instead. I actually thought I might be throwing up in a few minutes, but after going to the restroom to pee, walking around in the fresh air, I felt a little better, although a dizziness wanted to pervade too, with another near-episode at home, 30 minutes later.After a good night's sleep, I felt fine.I kept wondering if it was a sort of IBS attack, the kind a lot of you have posted about.'Cause it's weird, I never felt that before, ever.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Coggie, what was the weather like that day? The heat can do this for one, but many things could have come together to make you feel that way.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I noticed you live in WA and I live in Oregon. I know we had a really hot spell and heat can do this, and it would not be to uncommon to go from heat into cool and do this, just fyi.I think for the most part it would be really hard to pinpoint the exact causes, many things come together at any particular time to cause symptoms such as those including possible lack of sleep or not, combined with foods, excitement, weather, ect. ect..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I agree with what Eric said...It could possibly be something in the food...I use to be able to take the heat outside but as I get older the heat becomes a problem more and more and it has been really hot here...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have eaten at outback twice. Both times within an hour or two I was horridly ill. Since this was happening in my early 20's and I had no syptoms yet of IBS or diagnosised with it, I chalked it up to maybe an allgery. But after much hindsight I am wondering if it didn't start an IBS episode.

·
Registered
149 Posts
heat? heat can do this? well dag gum better move me out of Houston. Today it's 97 with 95% humidity. BTW it doesn't bother me at all.Wondering if the cold will cause a problem especially since I can't handle cold at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.