Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be in here from time to time so I thought it's only fair you know a little about me. ME: John/41/single , lots of people tell me I look a LOT younger
(that doesn't bother me as much as it used to), I live in Phoenix, I'm a bill collector & also back in college. Later. -JOHN

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hey John - good luck with college! I went back after many years and found I enjoy it much better now that I'm older!Oh! And WELCOME!------------------"Humor is your own smile surprising you in the mirror." Missycat

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey there John!! I'm 18 and I had someone ask me if I was 15!!! (Can't wait till I'm 40!) Good luck in college, Missycat, please don't tell me it more fun now than when you were out of high school!!------------------Erin

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hiya John! I'm in Phx too.
Erin - enjoy it! I'm 24 and people think I'm 18 (and I got the 15 when I was 18 too!).Ty

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hey Erin - school now is more fun! BTW - I got carded when I bought a beer at the ballpark yesterday! I'm 37!! Whoo hoo!------------------"Humor is your own smile surprising you in the mirror." Missycat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am 26 and often get asked if I am in high school! Just a thought....maybe this is a common thing with IBS...we all look younger. It's the fountain of youth!! Ha Ha

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi John, Welcome, I hope you find strength on this BB. I like your idea of introducing yourself to us, that's very open of you, and I think it deserves an open reply. My name is Wes and my wife (to be on August 28th) is Tracy. I'm 28 and she's 29, and it's Tracy that suffers from IBS symptoms, mostly C with an incredible amount of bloating and pain, it's horrible. She's had it for over 2 years now but we've managed to make enough lifestyle changes that it's UNDER control, instead of IN control. We currently live in Denver but we're moving to Florida in July. And as for the younger/older looking thing, I had to grow a beard before people took me seriously when I started in my job. You get a room full of CEO's or General's together and put a 23 year old in charge of telling them how they're going to change things, they seem to take it offencivly. I had one Director look at me and said "He's still shitting green, I'm not listening to this." and walked out, I couldn't believe it. Enjoy the hell out of college, I did, at least from what I can remember I did.L8R------------------Only those who risk going too far, will ever know how far they can go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.