Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I think I have been suffering from IBS for about 7 years now, But just recently has it become very painful, Im gonna tell you what happened to me two weeks ago. I was awaken at 6am with sharp pain across my whole abdomin, I figured I would sit on the toilet and try and go and that will eliviate the pain. Well after sitting there for 5-10 minutes I began to feel nautious. Than all of a sudden my head felt weird, Not dizzy weird. I felt as if I was going to pass out, I made myself slump to the floor because I didnt want to pass out and crack my head open on the sink, All of a sudden im laying there on the floor and my whole body got all tingly, I honestly thought I was dying, All I could think of is what are my children going to do if I die. This episode lasted about an hour in total. I don't know what to do anymore, I already cut out chicken from my diet because that seems to aggrivate it, And I'm constintly having bowel movements like 5-6 a day. Any comments welcome.....April

·
Registered
43 Posts
My episodes of IBS-D always come on sudden like this...while laying down in bed...but usually much earlier, say 1 to 2am in the morning. It starts with sharp pains across my entire abdomen..sometimes more painful in the lower right..hard to inhale it's so bad...usually accompanied by bloating...where I can't seem to get rid of the gas. The first time this happened to me, before I was diagnosed through a bunch of tests, it was very frightening. I also had nausea, felt like I was going to pass out ... as well as chills (but no fever)... some of this may have been just from the anxiety of it all. Whenever I feel these come on, I take 20mg of Bentyl that my Gastro. prescribed and in about 15 minutes the pain starts going away and I can start to get rid of the gas. Sometimes I have slight nausea and tummy rumbles for several days afterward.I'd definitely have your doctor check this out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.