Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!So it all started few years ago with diarrheas and other symptoms. Doctors sent me to colonoscopy and they found nothing... So they said i have ibs and there is actually nothing to treat.Last fall i was feeling ill (cold) so i ate lemons (sqeezed in water). In that time i noticed i have minimum problems with my "bowel". Now im eating lemon everyday for 6 months and i have problems maybe just 1-3 times per month. I told that to doctors (colonoscopist too) and they just made some strange face and said that they never heard something like this before. Well it works for me (maybe it is only like placebo effect or something but it works for me) and since i found this website i wanted to share this with you and maybe help someone.What i do is: in morning when i wake up i squeeze half of lemon into 2dcl glass and fill it with warm (hot) water. Then i drink that. Ye at first it was hard but soon i got used to it and now its no problem
Then in afternoon i squeeze the other half of the lemon.I've only noticed that this lemon doesnt work if i drink alcohol or maybe too much sugar (chocolates etc..) so i avoid alcohol :)oh and im 21 years old :)so let me know if it works for you =)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think that it is an old remedy that probably works quite well for some things but, with the advent of modern medicine, has been largely forgotten. My Grandfather used to do this every morning and he lived till he was 92. My Grandmother from the other side of the family used to do this when she felt unwell too. It was the only medicine she ever used to take and she lived till 89. Now my father is doing it and he says that it makes him feel better. He has Gerd and constipation. Sherry Brescia recommends this in her book for reducing acidity (sounds contradictory but apparently that is what it does).Now that lemons are in season here, I might try it more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.