Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that somebody asked a while back if people flushed multiple times... well, I'm one who is embarrassed by having to flush more than once... so, I've developed my own solution.
This may sound kinda weird, but so are a lot of other postings... so if it helps someone, great!So, when I know I'm gonna have a blow-out, I first take some toilet paper and lay it across the surface of the water... then when I go, it kinda sits on the toilet paper instead of spreading everywhere... then when I'm done, I put another piece over it, and when I flush, it all kinda goes down together rather than floating around. Of course, you have to be careful, depending on whether the toilet has good water pressure or not, and you can't put so much paper as to clog it up... so "know your toilet". ;-) It's not foolproof, especially in bad attacks, but for mild ones it usually works. Happy Flushing!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
It would never have mattered for me. I used to use so much tp in the cleanup that multiple flushes were mandatory! (I am the only one I know who would regularly take wet and dry paper towels into the toilet stall when in a public place. It never even occurred to me to buy the same wipes I used for my kids when they were in diapers. Duh!)Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, what about those public bathrooms that have huge gaps on the doors?? I feel like everybody washing their hands can see right in my cubicle! I'm from England, and never had this problem till I moved to the US. what's up with that? Did they meassure the gap wrong and put a too small door there? I had a D attack in college during my Anatomy lecture on the digestive system (too much talk about bowel movements), and there was a girl doing her make up at the sink, and I felt tottaly exposed, so I had a panick attack...Luckily I calmed myself down and managed to go back to class(I'm very proud of this
) So, any solutions for this??

·
Registered
490 Posts
There's toilets like that in England too. My college was worse- the end cubicle always had the window instead of a wall. Although the glass was frosted, you could see the silhouettes of people outside, so in theory they could see you sitting on the loo!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Try the smell that used to come out after I was done.
Mark

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a funny thread! I have extremely loud explosions most of the time and it just can't be avoided. I also lay down some tp to minimize the splash. I often can't stop myself from busting out laughing in public restrooms after I make such a shocking noise. I even had someone tell me I should see a doctor for that! If he only knew the half of it. Take care!
Rick

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know!! Once I had to go in Tesco's (grocery store) and there was a line of people waiting, so I had to face the poor soul going in my cubicle, instead of just leaving I told her "I wouldn't go in there if I were you", but she asked me if I was ok, that she knows there's a bug going around, which I thought was very nice of her

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Isn't it funny how you know there are others right outside the stall door and you gotta go really bad or you wouldn't even be in there so you try to let it out slow and quiet so no one can hear You. And then it happens...WHOOops!!Happens every darn time,LOL.We can laugh about it now. Lord knows we were not laughing at the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.