Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to cut down on my medication intake. I went three days (almost) without throwing up. When I can go 2 weeks my doc will take my feeding tubes out. I was finally able to see the light at the end of te tunnel, of course there is a BUT here, the past few days have seen a major set back. I have been throwing up to an excess, my constipation is back worse than ever. I have no energy I can not drag my body out of bed and my stomach aches. I wish that I let the doc and surgeon remove my colon back in December. I thought that I was getting better. Maybe soon, but I think that I may be pregnant on top of everything else going on. I don't know what effect that might have on my health, but I am scared and so tired of being sick. I am not happy wit my GI doc and was unable to change docs the last time I tried. Advice?------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear Biddy,I too am a vomiter, but not nearly as much as you. What was your actual diagnosis that they wanted to take your colon out? Make sure to stay hydrated as much as you can. I eat the pedialyte popsicles. As far as advice, I'm not sure what to tell you. Just remember that we're all thinking of you and hoping you'll get better REAL SOON!
Lindsey

·
Registered
414 Posts
Biddy,I'm so sorry that you are not doing well at all. I hope you can hang on a little longer. If you think you are pregnant, could the thowing up be from that????instead of IBS.I hope that you are able to relax soon, and certainly there are enough channels that you SHOULD be able to see another doctor. Go right to the top of your insurance chain if necessary! YOU are the patient and YOU are suffering, docotors often seem so cold and uncaring, label us "crazy" and write out a prescription for something that doesn't work anyway!!I hope that we all can at least lend a little emotional support here, if you need to e-mail somone, please e-mail me, I will be at work all day and connected to my e-mail.hope you have an easier day!Jill

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Oh Biddy, It's nearly Valentine's day and you gave me a pain right in my heart.Someday we'll all have the cure from ibs and have heart trouble from all the empathy on this board.My thoughts were exactly the same as Jill's.Could these new symptoms be because you are pregnant?Get some good medical care and take care of yourself.Rose[This message has been edited by Rose (edited 02-12-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
biddy: Sorry you are so ill--There are biscuits on the market called Zweiback they are supposed to be perfect for pregnant women--its got arrowroot in it. Have you tried some crystallized ginger in hot water for the vomiting? Sip slowly. Hope that helps.....Feel better, and best wishes with the little one......belle,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that the vommitting is because I am pregnant. I have had a bad few months and had feeding tubes put in my stomach in December. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks in Dec. and then back in Oct. as well. It is the same old symptoms. Only I have not had my period since mid December, in the past I have always been right on schedule. I am worried. I have an appt. with my GI on March 8, I can have blood work done then to determine if I am, but what of all of my meds, is that too far away?The constipation is killing me.According to the team of docs who checked me out in Seattle my stomach does not digest food and my lazy colon virtually stopped working. I am a mess.------------------

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dearest Biddy. I'm *so* sorry you're having this setback. You were doing so well when you first got back from the surgery I know this is a real disappointment. I have no advice or help to offer except to say what's already been said, that we're here if you need us. Maybe this *is* only a temporary setback, I surely hope so. You know if there's anything we can do....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear you have had a set back. I hope you will feel better soon. The zwieback crackers found in the baby food section are Great. I eat those with a cup of Tea all the time. Give them a try.God Bless and get well soon.Cody.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Biddy - sorry you are feeling so ill. I think you need to go to your local pharmacy and pick up a pregnancy test. They are pretty accurate early on these days. If you ARE pregnant, don't discount the vomiting as a symptom - I know women who throw up from conception to birth when pregnant. Also, if you ARE pregnant your body needs special handling - you really need to know. My heart goes out to you - it's nasty to suffer so. Please let us know - OK? I don't think you should wait til Mar 8 to find out if you are pregnant. With your illness, you should know ASAP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi'and i'm sorry your doing so bad .i'm not sure what surgery you had or why you have feeding tubes but i thought i could offer a suggestion ,if the doctors haven't already tried this,the med.i have for nausea&vomiting is called Phenergan and if you can't hold down anything at all it also comes in suppositories.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and the advice. I have tried every anti nausea med that there is, in suppositaries, iv, pill, ou name it, no luck. I will go to the pharmecy tonight and pick up a pregnancy test and those crackers too.Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully I will be able to go back to work in nother week. Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was throwing up like mad. I couldn't even keep my tea down, it came right back up and into the cup, that was how fast it was rejected. Still constipated. Still cramping.------------------

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
When I was pregnant I had no bowel problems at all after the first trimester. I am so glad that you didn't get your colon removed, it is not supposed to help anyone except people who have Ulcerative Colitis. I hope that you get better soon. Take Care

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. Thank God. I called my gynocologist and hey said it was normal after the stress of surgery. They want to do more blood work, of course, and then give me meds to induce my period so that I can start up on birth controll.Yesterday I threw up everything that I tried to eat. I am going to the dentist next week. I am afraid to find out what damage all of this throwing up has done to my teeth.------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So sorry to hear about the troubles you are having and all that mess in the hospital. Just for your infomation. I started taking some stomach enzymes about 3 weeks ago because of all the pain, bloating, gas, and whole food coming out of me. I have been so constipated I didn't know what to do with myself. Now if I really watch what I eat, it seems to be getting better. I hope you will find something that will work for You! Just keep on smiling

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.