Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,im quite new to the site,i have sufere with ibs for about 10 years now,but used to get it quite lightly and not frequent attacks. I was told that i had endometreosis in the bowel as well as stomach,after a major op (hysterectomy) It seemed much better,that was 4 years ago. But since nov last year has been so bad,had a barum enama x ray and recently a sigmoscopy?? i have pain most days so bad i cant sleep have bleeding as well, saw a doctor who said it was severe ibs but i have piles as well so he injected them have to go back in 4 weeks. I have been given tablets colofac tablets for ibs but doesnt really help at all. Im asking to be referred back to hospital because it just doesnt feel right and im losing time off work,it really gets me down sometimes, im also told stress makes it worse, but it is stressfull!!!!.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,Colofac is to slow the colan down but it never helped me and was quite expensive so after I finished what I had after the second script as waste of money with no changes.You sound like you are coping it from all ways.The trouble is there is no real answers as to why we all of a sudden got this and no real study has been done to hep us.Yes stress does play a part I am sure, but if you have to live with this who does not get stressed.The doctors do not know what it is like as they dopn't have it maybe if a doctor did then things would change.I myself know not to eat citrus and I love oranges and mandarines, so don't have them.I was told to have fresh juice every morning which was beetroot apple carrot and celery, as soon as I drank it I was running to the loo, so the new juicer has sat in the cupboard after only being used 4 times as I did try it all together 4 times and every time same thing.I found if I ate certain food it did not agree with me so I used to not have it for say a month or two them I would have it and I was fine so who knows.I know salty food does not like me and nuts except plain almonds but not too many.I love cashews and peanuts but can't even tried them agter a few months and bam in the loo, sure it is the salt.I have Probiotics every morning a good brand, calcium did not help me. What seems to help some does not other so it is a real headache but my advise is to read what others have tried and try what helps them can't hurt.I have had so many tests and been to so many different people and no one has really helped me and it has cost me a lot of money trying to get help, and some people just pray on us looking for help.I have days that seem not as serveer then bam it is bad all day or first thing as soon as I get up I am running for the loo.I take 2 Anti D tablets if I go again I take another 2 and maybe another 1 but eventually it stops it, so that night I will take 1 more tablet before I go to bed then I am usually fine the next day free from worry that I am not going to make to the loo which has happend a few times and quite embarrassing.It affects your life in a big way and the doctors do not understand that or friends or family as they don't have it so they don't know.Well good luck

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Unfortunately, as Ausie one says, there is no one treatment for all of us, likely because bowel problems can stem from so many sources. I have been better for so many years that I resent anything that even seems like a soft or urgent movement. It was my good fortune to find something that treated what was causing the constant D. Only in the past year did I finally find a study that suggested why I have gotten better. From my experience, I can only suggest that you line up some of these non-prescription approaches and work your way through them, one by one. Assuming you are getting no results from the doctors' tests, you stand a much better chance of finding a long term success in that way than just bouncing from one scrip to another.If you need help with the list, I am sure numbers of us can volunteer what works.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.