Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,This is my first post on here. I have tried multiple groups but find they kind of only talk to each other. I do not know if this is IBS. My surgeon told me if they can't find anything definite they throw it into IBS. I also have a great deal of arthritis, so do have vicodin, have had gastric bypass, no gallbladder or appendix.My actual pain is on my right side under my ribs. I have other abdominal pain but that is where it is the most.So my big question is this....I have had recently very tarry stools for like 3 or 4 days and then they turn yellow and on and on.If something is bleeding (like an ulcer) would my stools change from tarry? I often (more often than a whole tarry stool) have little specks that attach to the toilet and refuse to be flushed until 2 or 3 times (or cleaned off). I had a diagnostic lap surgery in Dec to see if she could find anything and took out my appendix. That is really the last time I have tried to find out what this is. Had colonoscopies and an EGD when she did the surgery. My stomach is often bloated and noisy. I take milk of mag which keeps things going. It is either that or a severe back up. I prefer diarrhea to constipation. Sometimes I have to add suppositories to the mix. This has gone on for nearly three years. My original gastric bypass surgeon tried everything he could think of with out any obvious result. They usually find a few adhesions. I am most interested in this sticky black issue that comes and goes.
Thank you so muchAlice (age 55)

·
Registered
205 Posts
It definately sounds like you have been through alot. It sounds like you have had quite a few tests to rule out anything super serious, but the issues your having seem to still be quite a bother to you. I will let some of the experts and people who have dealt with this 1st hand give the advice, but I wish you well on finding a solution to your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts