Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I started my first real job 3 years ago and as of 2 or so yrs ago I started having diarrhea like once every other day, but it was a hard stool and I literally sat in the bathroom for at least an hour at a time. At this time I've only been known to taking 1 medicine and that was Paxil for anxiety. Ok so, I went to my primary dr. and he changed the paxil to effexor to see if the meds were the problem but still no change. He then wrote me a referral to a gastro dr. who did a colonoscopy and determined right away that it was a mild case of colitis. So, I left it a lone for a while and finally decided to go to a new dr. and he received the pathology report from the old dr. and determined that it was not colitis but IBS. He recommended I take a new medicine for anxiety, a 3rd diff one, this one called zoloft. It didnt really help to change the diarrhea. Reading up on IBS I then started taking fiber pills, like 2 to 3 times a day and now, I dont know if its from the pills or not, but, now the diarrhea is a lot more watery compared to the hard stools. As of right now I only take zoloft at night and 2-3 fiber pills per day and have diarrhea all the time.Can someone please recommend something, anything please! I also looked into peppermint oil that says its good for IBS but does anyone think it'll help.. thankshttp://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-peppermint-oil.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts