Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names Dan, this is my first time on these forums but I've been suffering from an insane case of IBS-C for 5-6 years (Ever since I stopped taking Accutane, weird huh?). Anyway, I've finally relieved most of my symptoms. Xifaxin, diet changes, P90X, insane water intake, and a combo of a million other things have made a lot of symptoms 'bearable.' While I hate making things bearable, things are a lot better than they were. I used to wake up at 2 AM writhing in pain, spend 6 hours a day on the toilet, get massive migraines, get stressed and bloat like I had triplets inside of me. All of them except the later have gone away.I don't know what else to do about the bloating, it's astronomical bloating and I can't even get it to budge. I'm extremely fit (I play college Baseball and lift 6 days a week in the offseason with heavy cardio), so I know it isn't fat. I have to change my belt a total of 3-4 notches during the day because my stomach gets so big. This happens all day, every day. When I wake up I'm big, when I eat I'm bigger and when I go to sleep its unbearable how big I am. Occasionally it will cool off and, a couple of months ago, I actually had 12 hours with no bloating. I woke up and had a 6 pack and thought I was dreaming, called my girlfriend freaking out and she came over haha. Sorry to drag this on, the point is that I was hoping to find someone else whose life is dominating by the bloating aspect of IBS. If there's anyone out there that can give me any tips as of how to get rid of this insane, diabolical bloating then please help me. Thank you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
In your post you mention that you took Accutane. Accutane hasbeen known to cause several different bowel disorders. So much so,in fact, that lawyers are now advertising for people to contact themif they took Accutane and now have a bowel disorder. Please do some research and see a doctor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The bowel disorders that have been linked to taking Accutane are ulcerativecolitis and Crohn's disease and both can cause bloating. However, I hopethat's not the cause for you, but I wanted to let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bowel disorders that have been linked to taking Accutane are ulcerativecolitis and Crohn's disease and both can cause bloating. However, I hopethat's not the cause for you, but I wanted to let you know.
I dont have either of those, and I already know the IBS was from Accutane. Does anyone have any advice to reduce bloating, or medications they have tried?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dan, I can really feel for you when it comes to bloating. I have had good success with the digestive enzyme - Omnigest EZ by sunsource. You can find this on Amazon.com. I take 3 tablets with lunch and 3 tablets with dinner. I take 4 tablets if I'm eating out and don't have full control of the meal. In addition to digestive enzymes, I avoid my trigger foods which also cause bloating - garlic is a huge culprit for me. But even avoiding my laundry list of major trigger foods, I still need the Omnigest to function day to day.Hope that helps, good luck!Zanne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan, I can really feel for you when it comes to bloating. I have had good success with the digestive enzyme - Omnigest EZ by sunsource. You can find this on Amazon.com. I take 3 tablets with lunch and 3 tablets with dinner. I take 4 tablets if I'm eating out and don't have full control of the meal. In addition to digestive enzymes, I avoid my trigger foods which also cause bloating - garlic is a huge culprit for me. But even avoiding my laundry list of major trigger foods, I still need the Omnigest to function day to day.Hope that helps, good luck!Zanne
Thanks Zanne! It seems like everything is a target food for me, so I don't really know what to do about that =(, I did a food journal and everything caused bloating and all the other symptoms lol. Thanks for the advice though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.