Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started getting IBS symptoms when I was 17. my whole life i had a very normal stomach. i got a stomach virus, and was not able to go to the bathroom for 16 days later... it was never the same. for about 5 years i was alternating c/d, lots of bloating, pain... a lot of it was psychological and when i went to college although the IBS did not go into remission i was able to live a fairly normal life. two years into working after college, my symptoms started going haywire... started affecting my quality of life. everything set me off, not to mention bad food poisoning that left me in the hospital. a GI doctor put me on zelnorm, and ever since than my alternating c/d helped me get regular, if not almost ibd. although i rarely have actual d, i now go 1-5 times a day, but experience a lot more sensitivity. my problem is nausea before i go, flareups that last a few days, with a lot of bloating, and going to the bathroom multiple times in one hour. i am phobic of food bc that seems a trigger (although i know my real trigger is stress) i barely eat any variety of food, mostly just steamed veggies, rice, sweet potatoes, egg, chicken, etc.... and probiotics (i went off zelnorm after a few weeks b/c it was was too strong) im getting there, but the last 7 years have so traumatized me, that it's put me in a high level of anxiety... so i've decided to go the accupuncture and chinese herb route. i am meeting an exceptional healer in a week or two. has anybody worked with tcm or accupuncture and found good results?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.