Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My symptoms started almost 4 years ago after my laparoscopy to remove my appendix august 2006.Until that point i had bloating about 5 or 6 times a year lasting only a few hrs with the odd reflux symptom and a few instances of stomach ache. In december 2006 i developed the feeling of moving pains in the abdomen with constipation.Put up with it until feb 2007.Saw the Dr...he said to much stomach acid and prescribed lansoprazole 30mg 1 a day,fybogel 2 satchets a day and alverine caps 3 per day. Had the following in the past few years: back pains,pains right shoulder,chest pains left and right sides,abdominal pain right and left sides.Pain in the abdomen,burning feeling in chest and upper abdomen,lower groin pain.Days of bloating with difficulty breathing,reflux,neck pain of all things.Been told a lot of the pains are fibromyalgia.Last but not least have arthritis in both knees and raynauds in my right forearm and hand during the autumn /winter. Usually find hot water bottles and ice packs help with most of the pains ,sometimes far more than meds can help. Had more blood tests than i care to count,ecgs,many visits to hospital er rooms,x-rays and a sigmoidoscopy on july 16th. My sigmoidoscopy was an unpleasent experience...had Entonox but halfway in the pain started..and the colon was visibly in spasm on the monitor. After the procedure was told mucosa was irritable and the colon in spasm. Almost as rough as when i had my appendix pains.Mind you this was the way i was affected ..not everyone is the same.Funny thing is my sigmoid colon was clear...nothing but the irritation and spasm. Have had pains on my left side ever since...went to er (x-rays,blood work and ecg plus urine sample) and they found nothing,just spasm and irritation. Had diarrhea also for the past 6 weeks, which i can control by eating bland foods and probiotic yougurts,makes me suspect "sibo". Ibs sucks but there are a lot of worse things that can happen to you.Think the biggest thing anyone can do is avoid stress,i now say yes to my bosses at work,do what i can and go home.Forget the job the moment you leave work.It helps. Anyway guess this is my intro to the forums ,so hi to you all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts