Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there I was at Paramount Canada's Wonderland. Thinking I'd brave the new "Spongebob Simulator" Ride. I thought, how bad can it be? We get in there and you sit in these chairs in a theature and I think, oh well, if I have to I'll get up and leave. As soon as I say that in my head, a voice over the speaker says "you are now locked secure in your seats" - WHAT! Stomach starts to grumble. I grab my seat belt and its locked shut!!! Panic!! I just kept saying to myself, its only 4 minutes long, its only 4 minutes long .... over and over over ........Thank god for my relaxation tapes!! But I will NEVER do that again!!!!!

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi Karen. Sorry to chuckle, but that " been there, done dat " thing comes to mind ! As I get older, and more experienced with this curse (IBS) I've lived with for 54 years, I learn what to do, and when not to. I would probably not attempt what you describe in the A.M. But in the late afternoon, and after making sure the Animal down below has quit blowing out most of what has been recently consumed, I would ! At 54, I'm experimenting with Celexa, and after 5 weeks, think it may be a solution to that horrible anxiety you describe. You aren't alone...I know EXACTLY how you felt ! The fear of a "bout" can be worse than the event, or even induce the event. I'm hoping this drug will allow me to relax and not make my backside rule my (and my wife and dogs) life. An interesting thing to do, the next time you think "uh oh...I gots to go NOW"...is time how long it is until you actually do go ! Sometimes I panic and think it's game over and drive like hell to get home. It may be 15 or 20 minutes. So far, no problem. So I know I'm not going to mess myself and realize the problem is largely worry induced. I really think I'm on to something. Let me know if you agree. I went to Wonderland 20 years ago..now I live in BC, the wonder is all around me !Steve

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi Karen. Sorry to chuckle, but that " been there, done dat " thing comes to mind ! As I get older, and more experienced with this curse (IBS) I've lived with for 54 years, I learn what to do, and when not to. I would probably not attempt what you describe in the A.M. But in the late afternoon, and after making sure the Animal down below has quit blowing out most of what has been recently consumed, I would ! At 54, I'm experimenting with Celexa, and after 5 weeks, think it may be a solution to that horrible anxiety you describe. You aren't alone...I know EXACTLY how you felt ! The fear of a "bout" can be worse than the event, or even induce the event. I'm hoping this drug will allow me to relax and not make my backside rule my (and my wife and dogs) life. An interesting thing to do, the next time you think "uh oh...I gots to go NOW"...is time how long it is until you actually do go ! Sometimes I panic and think it's game over and drive like hell to get home. It may be 15 or 20 minutes. So far, no problem. So I know I'm not going to mess myself and realize the problem is largely worry induced. I really think I'm on to something. Let me know if you agree. I went to Wonderland 20 years ago..now I live in BC, the wonder is all around me !Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.