Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought i would share some of my triggers and things that make the d go away, or make stools more normal, or not happen at all, maybe my solutions can help you:Triggers:StressOver-thinkingNicotine withdrawalspicy foodsnot sleeping enoughdairypro-bacterial yogurt(have no idea why, i thought its supposed to help?)Solutions:Keeping myself busy with somethingMarijuanaRICEexercise/playing sportsimmodiumdigestive enzymes after big mealsmental strength (having faith, and telling myself that i dont have no problems)being alonedoes anybody have the same triggers or solutions?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Triggers for me:alcohollack of sleep, or generally not getting enough restful sleepcarbohydrates on any kind (simple or complex)foods that contain moderate-large amounts of fat, but specifically vegetable oils (e.g deep fried stuff, etc.) seem to cause me problems much more than other types of fats.Oddly enough stress does not seem to be a trigger for me. I say odd, because I suspect that an acute stress period may actually be what caused my issues in the first place (and I had never had GI issues related to mental stress before in my life).things that make me feel better:exerciserestful sleepavoiding/minimizing carbsdrinking lots of water (reduces bloating, my worst symptom)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My trickers:Red meat,tomatoes,broccoli,spicy food,sweets (havent figured out exactly what kind of sweets or if its just sweets all together),stress.What I do is that I just don't eat those things... well if I know I have the next day off I might have some cake or coke. And stress... well since I'm a student and I currently have ALOT of oral exams ahead of me I'm getting kinda worried on how my body will react. I haven't had any exams after I got IBS. Good luck to me

·
Registered
36 Posts
Triggers:...pro-bacterial yogurt(have no idea why, i thought its supposed to help?)
You might just be over-reacting to the FOS/Inulin (indigestible fibers) frequently added to them. Lots of people here have trouble with them and must avoid them. If rice seems to be your main source of carbs because it agrees with you most, then perhaps it's because fiber is your enemy (or really, too much fiber).

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Triggers:Food of any kind or just a bad day, don't know why but that's just the way it seems to be.Solution:More Imodium!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.