Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote 3 weeks ago in agony. I had my gallbladder removed and a week later a corrective surgery after thy found a bile leak. I was discharged a week later with incredibly good digestion. 2 weeks later I got constipated and had some senna, that's when the problems began.First I got a horrible pain and got constipated again. The doctor first gave my dicetel and it calmed my pain but got me more constipated. 2 days later I started having all the obstruction symptoms but the doc didn't see me, he just prescribed something else. I had a BM the next day but the next day nothing. He prescriben an enema and NOTHING came out. I was on lactulose, lots of water and a pure veggie diet (and dying of pain). Finally after not going for 5 days the I had an X-ray that the Dr said showed no obstruction, just a lot of poop. He ended up giving me one of those horrible cleanses, like before a procedure.SO I started the week clean. I still took the lactulose every day, tons of water, tons of veggies, no animal protein, no starches, no wheat, no diary etc. I also added Align. I also added some home remedies (a spoon of olive oil with an empty stomach, psyllium, prunes). That week the pain increased but I still had a moderate BM every day. Then at the end of the week I went out and ate, pretty irresponsibly. I had a spinach salad, some salmon and some sweet potato. The salad's dressing was a bit spicy. I was expecting to pay dearly. I went shopping and had absolutely no pain. Now it has been 2 days since "the miracle". I still take lactulose but my BMs are getting more normal every day and I have had less pain. I even started adding some chicken and fish, so far so good. What happened? Could it be the Align? (Remember, I was already taking lactulose). I am hoping this relief will last, I am still in pain but I can stand straight for the first time in 3 weeks! I hope it is the Align, it is expensive but I'm willing to pay $30 a week to feel better.And the surgeon finally referred me to a GI doctor. I'm going this Friday, I hope she's good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.