Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post to the few of you the are interested in my update. (For those who don't know me, I suffer from Chronic Upper/Mid abdominal Pain) My local doctor tried me on one month of Elavil, but unfortunately it didn't work. So now, I have been given Paxil which I haven't started using yet.I had actually been on Paxil for anxiety problems, prior to having abdominal pains..It will be interesting to see if the Paxil will have any affect on my stomach at all.The doctor also gave me a prescription for pain killers, which I will not try until I have given the paxil a chance. I am VERY reluctant to try Pain Killers because I feel that I am just masking the problem....As for the Vivonex (mentioned by Cedar Sinai-it's a fluid drink to "starve" bacteria out) I have yet to try. I will most likely do it, however, I want to give the Paxil a try first. I know that many people on the board here are very skeptical over the "bacteria overgrowth" issue, however, I am so frustrated from all of this, I will just about try anything.......Anyone know of any latest meds out there that might help? (Besides anti-spasmotics?)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No other latest meds. FDA seems to be very cautious about drugs for IBS. Lotronex is off the market, Zelnorm was not approved, and I think all the other drugs are a couple of years away from going up for approval.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No other latest meds. FDA seems to be very cautious about drugs for IBS. Lotronex is off the market, Zelnorm was not approved, and I think all the other drugs are a couple of years away from going up for approval.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.