Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am getting married 11/18/01, and I am IBS-C, with occasional but rare D. Lately, my IBS has been bothering me more than usual (it had felt as if it tapered off for a while), I guess because the wedding is so close now. I don't fell nervous in my mind, but my tummy does. Anyway, any suggestions as to what I can eat the morning of the wedding to stay put and have as little pain as possible? I am getting married during the day. If I don't eat I tend to get more pain and problems, so I know I must eat something. But nothing that will make me go to the bathroom, because my gown is so complicated!!! Any suggestions? I am trying to avoid my medication (Levbid) that day since it makes me feel so hot and thirsty and uncomfortable. Thanks!!------------------All the best to everyone,Bonnie

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm a D-type, and I've found that applesauce, yogurt, and Luna bars (www.clifbar.com for more info) to be pretty safe foods for me. The applesauce is the safest, but sometimes I want food I can actually chew. I tolerate the Luna bars pretty well, and they are full of nutrition and protein. They are gluten and dairy free.Good luck! I'm going to be shopping for my wedding dress soon, and I want to be sure I can go to the bathroom in it, without friends holding it up as I have a D attack!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm a D-type, and I've found that applesauce, yogurt, and Luna bars (www.clifbar.com for more info) to be pretty safe foods for me. The applesauce is the safest, but sometimes I want food I can actually chew. I tolerate the Luna bars pretty well, and they are full of nutrition and protein. They are gluten and dairy free.Good luck! I'm going to be shopping for my wedding dress soon, and I want to be sure I can go to the bathroom in it, without friends holding it up as I have a D attack!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am getting married on September 14th, 2002. My fear is that my maid of honour will have to come to the bathroom with me and hold my dress up! I am definitely looking at less complicated dresses. Maybe one with a trap door?
Try eating bland foods on the night before/morning of your wedding. Good luck!------------------Lindsaylinds1979###hotmail.com

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am getting married on September 14th, 2002. My fear is that my maid of honour will have to come to the bathroom with me and hold my dress up! I am definitely looking at less complicated dresses. Maybe one with a trap door?
Try eating bland foods on the night before/morning of your wedding. Good luck!------------------Lindsaylinds1979###hotmail.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
I chose a wedding dress that didn't have a train and was easy to maneuver in for the same reason as you girls. We're always thinking about IBS, aren't we? Bonnie - I just wanted to tell you that I was worried about IBS on my wedding day too. I did great and had no symptoms at all. I took some Imodium in the morning (I have D), ate a good breakfast since my wedding was at 11, and did just fine. I was so happy and excited that day and was determined not to let IBS ruin my day. It rained harder than I've seen it do in years, but it was still a beautiful day! Good luck with your wedding. Casey

·
Registered
304 Posts
I chose a wedding dress that didn't have a train and was easy to maneuver in for the same reason as you girls. We're always thinking about IBS, aren't we? Bonnie - I just wanted to tell you that I was worried about IBS on my wedding day too. I did great and had no symptoms at all. I took some Imodium in the morning (I have D), ate a good breakfast since my wedding was at 11, and did just fine. I was so happy and excited that day and was determined not to let IBS ruin my day. It rained harder than I've seen it do in years, but it was still a beautiful day! Good luck with your wedding. Casey

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have D..i loaded up on immodium and lomotil and peptos...i got married in a park and it was about a 40min drive to there..i made sure when i got my dress that i could do a couple of things in it with no help..1. Be able to sit comfortably2. Go to the bathroom easily...Worked great...i ate very little that morning and the day before..bland food..and we had a great wedding...made sure i went to the bathroom in the park before the ceremony..and no probs...Good luck Bonnie...you will do fine on the day
------------------AussieDeb
quote:In this world we all need humor
aussiecoppin###aol.com

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have D..i loaded up on immodium and lomotil and peptos...i got married in a park and it was about a 40min drive to there..i made sure when i got my dress that i could do a couple of things in it with no help..1. Be able to sit comfortably2. Go to the bathroom easily...Worked great...i ate very little that morning and the day before..bland food..and we had a great wedding...made sure i went to the bathroom in the park before the ceremony..and no probs...Good luck Bonnie...you will do fine on the day
------------------AussieDeb
quote:In this world we all need humor
aussiecoppin###aol.com

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm a C-type also and I just eat bland food that day and made sure to stick as closely to my 'normal' routine as possible. Just drank a lot of water that morning and stuck to my safe foods. Things worked out very well - tummy behaved all day. It was the next day that it acted up a bit.Ty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm a C-type also and I just eat bland food that day and made sure to stick as closely to my 'normal' routine as possible. Just drank a lot of water that morning and stuck to my safe foods. Things worked out very well - tummy behaved all day. It was the next day that it acted up a bit.Ty

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got married (Sept 29). I made sure I didn't eat any trigger foods, and the day before my family treated me to a wonderful full body massage that really helped to keep me relaxed. My family also made sure that I was "buffered" against anything that went wrong (in other words, I didn't have to deal with any problems...they did).In my emergency wedding day kit there was some immodium, just in case. But I didn't need it. The day goes by so fast that you don't have time to think about being nervous, stressed or upset.As for going to the bathroom, make sure you go just before you get into the dress. And some girls do a practice run in the dress before they leave for the church, just to see if they can do it by themselves or need help. And some girls actually sit on the toilet backwards, so that the train doesn't need to be hiked up. (However, my mother wondered where your underwear goes in that case
)I actually didn't have to go while I was in my dress. I was able to wait until we got to our B&B for the night. I didn't have an IBS attack.The best thing to do is stay relaxed and happy. It's your day, enjoy it!!RhetanaIBS-D(If you want to see pics of me on my wedding day, go to www.bcweddingalbum.com, and then click Just Married. Then click Mike & Colleen
I hope your day goes wonderfully!)P.S. ATP!! Email me and tell me how your plans are going!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got married (Sept 29). I made sure I didn't eat any trigger foods, and the day before my family treated me to a wonderful full body massage that really helped to keep me relaxed. My family also made sure that I was "buffered" against anything that went wrong (in other words, I didn't have to deal with any problems...they did).In my emergency wedding day kit there was some immodium, just in case. But I didn't need it. The day goes by so fast that you don't have time to think about being nervous, stressed or upset.As for going to the bathroom, make sure you go just before you get into the dress. And some girls do a practice run in the dress before they leave for the church, just to see if they can do it by themselves or need help. And some girls actually sit on the toilet backwards, so that the train doesn't need to be hiked up. (However, my mother wondered where your underwear goes in that case
)I actually didn't have to go while I was in my dress. I was able to wait until we got to our B&B for the night. I didn't have an IBS attack.The best thing to do is stay relaxed and happy. It's your day, enjoy it!!RhetanaIBS-D(If you want to see pics of me on my wedding day, go to www.bcweddingalbum.com, and then click Just Married. Then click Mike & Colleen
I hope your day goes wonderfully!)P.S. ATP!! Email me and tell me how your plans are going!

G

·
MissBonnie,I was also just recently married on September 7th. I am also IBS-C with the occasional D. I was very ill with severe IBS attacks since June of this year and I was very worried how I was going to be for my wedding. I asked my doctor if there was something she could give me to help and she prescribed .5mg of Lorazepam. I started taking it about 2 weeks before the wedding and it really helped. I had no problems at all those few weeks prior and all day during the wedding. My dress was very full with a long train, and I had no problems going to the washroom in it at all. During the day of the wedding, I had some toast and tea for breakfast and had a light sandwich for lunch before leaving for the ceremony. I just made sure that I had lots to drink and took it easy during the dinner meal. I stayed away from the alcohol and that really helped! Good luck and have fun! It's your day! :smiles:

G

·
MissBonnie,I was also just recently married on September 7th. I am also IBS-C with the occasional D. I was very ill with severe IBS attacks since June of this year and I was very worried how I was going to be for my wedding. I asked my doctor if there was something she could give me to help and she prescribed .5mg of Lorazepam. I started taking it about 2 weeks before the wedding and it really helped. I had no problems at all those few weeks prior and all day during the wedding. My dress was very full with a long train, and I had no problems going to the washroom in it at all. During the day of the wedding, I had some toast and tea for breakfast and had a light sandwich for lunch before leaving for the ceremony. I just made sure that I had lots to drink and took it easy during the dinner meal. I stayed away from the alcohol and that really helped! Good luck and have fun! It's your day! :smiles:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hey Rhetana! It's good to hear from you. I can't believe you went that long without going to the bathroom! I have a nervous bladder, so even if the gut is good, I'll be using the restroom in my wedding dress, I'm sure. And we'll be eating at the reception, and I always have to pee at least once after eating. But #1 is definitely easier to deal with than #2...and explosive D would be my worst nightmare in a white dress! EEK!!!Right now I'm concentrating on moving in with my fiance by the end of the month, and I've got lots of stuff to sort through and pack or get rid of, etc... then it's time to get some wedding plans made! We've got a lot to do.Rhetana, I'm not sure what I did with your email address, so email me, will ya?
You can use the one in my profile, or if you remember it, the other one is better.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hey Rhetana! It's good to hear from you. I can't believe you went that long without going to the bathroom! I have a nervous bladder, so even if the gut is good, I'll be using the restroom in my wedding dress, I'm sure. And we'll be eating at the reception, and I always have to pee at least once after eating. But #1 is definitely easier to deal with than #2...and explosive D would be my worst nightmare in a white dress! EEK!!!Right now I'm concentrating on moving in with my fiance by the end of the month, and I've got lots of stuff to sort through and pack or get rid of, etc... then it's time to get some wedding plans made! We've got a lot to do.Rhetana, I'm not sure what I did with your email address, so email me, will ya?
You can use the one in my profile, or if you remember it, the other one is better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.