Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be a terrible field for someone to work in with IBS and second anxiety. I work 11pm - 7 am but then today for the 7-3 shift they said I had to stay. I was on the verge on walking out. Working with such disrespectful punks that can read me like a book. They see how uncomfortable I am. I can't get any respect from them. I'm like a substitute teacher you'd misbehave for. Well I get anxious, my gut tightens up, and I just start panicking in my head. It's horrible. I'm honestly like so afraid of these kids and what they think of me for some reason. I don't know what to do. I know my supervisor is gonna wanna talk about my feelings on being mandated to stay overtime. They say nobody is exempt from being mandated. I can't stay again so do I put in my two weeks like if they have such a problem with it. I do my normal job. Am I protected by the ADA? I need help, this is a decent job for me so long as I don't have to work with the youth and i can stick to midnights. Plus i'm actively looking for more suitable work but i don't wanna go unemployed for a while.

Sorry for rambling. I'm still kinda panicking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you worked there longer than one year? If yes you can apply for intermittent FMLA, if your dr will sign the paperwork. It is job protection and allows you to leave when you are sick, take time off when you need it, and/or work a reduced schedule. I would call your human resources dept and ask for the form and see your dr as soon as you can. Sorry you are going through this. Working full time with IBS is extremely difficult - I can't imagine working overtime and being under that stress. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.