Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 24 years old and un diagnosed, I dont plan to go through the process of elimination to get a diagnoses. I Suffer from anxiety induced IBS-D. Some years it's worse than others, I have suffered since May of 1999, and have been some what a slave to it since. I get anxious if I don't have a bathroom at my disposal. Eating out is a big no no, long trips in the middle of no where, also a no no. Sometimes even inter city travel is not an option. I fear soiling my self in public, or in my car. Right now I use Immodium for the D and anti-nausients because I get nauseated with cold sweats when I have an attack, but I also find that the drowsy effect of the gravol (anti-antinauseant) has a calming effect when coupled with my seat in the car reclined a little, eyes closed, and music I know the words to playing to distract me (when my husband is driving). I definately need something stronger for my anxiety attacks, Im thinking of going to my doctor for some benzodiazepines, for occational use while traveling, or intense social situations. I am so glad I found this support group, and I would love to talk to others with anxiety induced IBS.IM NOT ALONE!Worst Attack ever.. 5 year old daughter, and 12 month old son in the car with me, while husband is in the toysRus picking up a last min christmas gift. Anxious that I can't get my daughter out and get my son out and carry him into the toysRus to find a rest room. I got out of the car and paced around it about 5 times on the verge when I saw my Husband coming out. I left the car with my kids in it as soon as he was in sight and said be back in a bit. I would have sh** my pants before leaving my kids. But I totally wanted to!*phew!*

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dear Newbie,How I could talk a blue streak with you on this one. I have those same worries and most people here do too. I have done lots of things to help in the last month and would be happy to share them with you. However, time does not allow.If you wish you may email me ### DoreejillLSW###aol.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.