Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever tried this? It's an acupuncture technique that supposedly rids your body of allergies and food intolerances. It's being used for conditions like IBS and IBD. You can find out more about it at www.naet.com . It sounds like complete quackery, but from what I have read, strangely enough, it does work for some people, even for non-believers. There is some info. on it in the archives, but not very much. An NAET practitioner has recently moved into my community, and I would be willing to give it a try for at least a few sessions.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It's a hoax.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It's a hoax.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A clinic started up here in Brisbane.An American started it up.A very slick operation,very believable,convincing even to me a complete cynic(sp).The muscle tone in the arm thing.It was absolutely useless as far as supposedly eliminating my daughters allergies that the testing discovered and treated.They were booked out months in advance,so we were not the only suckers!The people were lovely,they seemed to really believe they could help?!The thing with this IBS is that you resort to desperate measures because you can only stay sane by trying anything to help yourself or your family.Its hope youre paying for,and it may just work for you.Gilly

·
Registered
346 Posts
A clinic started up here in Brisbane.An American started it up.A very slick operation,very believable,convincing even to me a complete cynic(sp).The muscle tone in the arm thing.It was absolutely useless as far as supposedly eliminating my daughters allergies that the testing discovered and treated.They were booked out months in advance,so we were not the only suckers!The people were lovely,they seemed to really believe they could help?!The thing with this IBS is that you resort to desperate measures because you can only stay sane by trying anything to help yourself or your family.Its hope youre paying for,and it may just work for you.Gilly

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yes, Flux, you WOULD say it is a hoax. NOT! I tried it several years ago, not to rid myself of IBS, but for allergies. My practitioner did not use accupuncture, he used accupressure. I thought it was not doing anything until I was treated for cat allergies. One of my two cats did not bother me, the other I could not get near. If I picked him up, eyes would start watering, I would sneeze like crazy, etc. When I was being treated for cat allergies, I took brushings from both cats in. Put them in zip lock baggies, one for each cat. Dr. Jim held each one at a time over my belly, and said "Not allergic to this one" and tossed it aside, then the other one "BOY, what a reaction!" He treated me, and we went camping for the weekend. When I returned home on Sunday, I went straight for the allergy kitty, picked him up, stuck my nose in his belly and inhaled deeply, for 5 minutes, and no reaction. NONE AT ALL! Several years later, STILL no reaction to ANY cat. This little guy rapidly became my favorite, now that he no longer makes me miserable. I was not intending to treat my IBS with this allergy elimination program, but I rarely have any diarrhea now, and NEVER any pain with a flare-up. More like greasy foods go through me faster than I want them to. I consider the IBS improvement to be a side effect, although I understand that some have gone into complete remission with the treatments. Nerys, please DO let us know how it works for you. Expect it to take several months to notice a big change, they treat ONE allergy at a time, and most of us have many, so there will be small improvements that you may not notice right away. Somewhere along the line you will say "WOW" though.Maggie

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yes, Flux, you WOULD say it is a hoax. NOT! I tried it several years ago, not to rid myself of IBS, but for allergies. My practitioner did not use accupuncture, he used accupressure. I thought it was not doing anything until I was treated for cat allergies. One of my two cats did not bother me, the other I could not get near. If I picked him up, eyes would start watering, I would sneeze like crazy, etc. When I was being treated for cat allergies, I took brushings from both cats in. Put them in zip lock baggies, one for each cat. Dr. Jim held each one at a time over my belly, and said "Not allergic to this one" and tossed it aside, then the other one "BOY, what a reaction!" He treated me, and we went camping for the weekend. When I returned home on Sunday, I went straight for the allergy kitty, picked him up, stuck my nose in his belly and inhaled deeply, for 5 minutes, and no reaction. NONE AT ALL! Several years later, STILL no reaction to ANY cat. This little guy rapidly became my favorite, now that he no longer makes me miserable. I was not intending to treat my IBS with this allergy elimination program, but I rarely have any diarrhea now, and NEVER any pain with a flare-up. More like greasy foods go through me faster than I want them to. I consider the IBS improvement to be a side effect, although I understand that some have gone into complete remission with the treatments. Nerys, please DO let us know how it works for you. Expect it to take several months to notice a big change, they treat ONE allergy at a time, and most of us have many, so there will be small improvements that you may not notice right away. Somewhere along the line you will say "WOW" though.Maggie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
thanks maggiew. i have a lot to say about this treatment. i was very skeptical of it. i actually underwent a single treatment but my skepticism caused me to quit.i believe it can work based on other discoveries that i have come across concerning the use of energy medicine.my only problem with it is that it is very expensive, and even they admit that it is only effective in about 80% of the people -- maybe far less. i have also spoken with a professional who thinks that NAET does not get to the root cause of a person's problems. treating the allergies could be equal to just treating the symptoms. i say 'could be' because everyone is different. it sounds like it was a great help to you. congratulations. your story backs up my claim of what worked for me. unfortunately there is not enough of us to convince the others. big pharm rules the medical model. how sad.i believe that there is a far cheaper way to overcome allergies. since NAET is a hybrid combination of acupressure and homeopathy, i believe that homeopathy alone can solve the root cause. in a very brief time after taking a homeopathic sulphur remedy my severe food allergies reversed themselves. it was almost like a miracle. however, if someone wanted to do NAET on me for free i would not turn them down. i still think that dairy is a problem and environmental allergies still exist but at a much lower level. i should test myself soon with cats.(flux gets all his information from that idiot clown barrett. barrett is paid by the AMA, ADA, and big pharm companies to spread lies.)

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
thanks maggiew. i have a lot to say about this treatment. i was very skeptical of it. i actually underwent a single treatment but my skepticism caused me to quit.i believe it can work based on other discoveries that i have come across concerning the use of energy medicine.my only problem with it is that it is very expensive, and even they admit that it is only effective in about 80% of the people -- maybe far less. i have also spoken with a professional who thinks that NAET does not get to the root cause of a person's problems. treating the allergies could be equal to just treating the symptoms. i say 'could be' because everyone is different. it sounds like it was a great help to you. congratulations. your story backs up my claim of what worked for me. unfortunately there is not enough of us to convince the others. big pharm rules the medical model. how sad.i believe that there is a far cheaper way to overcome allergies. since NAET is a hybrid combination of acupressure and homeopathy, i believe that homeopathy alone can solve the root cause. in a very brief time after taking a homeopathic sulphur remedy my severe food allergies reversed themselves. it was almost like a miracle. however, if someone wanted to do NAET on me for free i would not turn them down. i still think that dairy is a problem and environmental allergies still exist but at a much lower level. i should test myself soon with cats.(flux gets all his information from that idiot clown barrett. barrett is paid by the AMA, ADA, and big pharm companies to spread lies.)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I believe that NAET DOES get to the root of the problem. It is what it claims to be, an allergy ELIMINATION technique. It made allergies I was treated for disappear. It did not just treat the symptoms. I don't pretend to understand how it works, I just know it does work. As for the cost, what were you paying for your treatments? Do you have insurance that pays for treatments at a chiropractor? That is how I did mine. I had 30 treatments per year paid with just a $12.00 co-pay. Made it very affordable. My practitioner was a chiro, and he was treating my back anyway, so it worked out very well. If I had been a cash patient, it would have been expensive, $50.00 per treatment, but I was lucky, otherwise I probably would not have done it. As for Flux, well, he is what he is, and always has been. No need to be mean to him, he is a known element, and for the most part a bit irritating at times, but VERY helpful to the new guys, so play nice, eh?Maggie

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I believe that NAET DOES get to the root of the problem. It is what it claims to be, an allergy ELIMINATION technique. It made allergies I was treated for disappear. It did not just treat the symptoms. I don't pretend to understand how it works, I just know it does work. As for the cost, what were you paying for your treatments? Do you have insurance that pays for treatments at a chiropractor? That is how I did mine. I had 30 treatments per year paid with just a $12.00 co-pay. Made it very affordable. My practitioner was a chiro, and he was treating my back anyway, so it worked out very well. If I had been a cash patient, it would have been expensive, $50.00 per treatment, but I was lucky, otherwise I probably would not have done it. As for Flux, well, he is what he is, and always has been. No need to be mean to him, he is a known element, and for the most part a bit irritating at times, but VERY helpful to the new guys, so play nice, eh?Maggie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
it would have cost me about $3500+ from what they told me. insurance did not cover it. a friend of a friend spent close to $4000 and it did not help her. she was very angry from what i heard. she suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome and some extremely strange immune system reaction -- her skin blistered all over.that is just one of the reasons why i am a little cautious of it. however, for awhile now i have suspected that it could do as claim. that is why i was glad to here of your success.when my practitioner claimed that i might be allergic to my blood -- she also claimed to be able to test it via kinesiology-- i suggested a quick blinded experiment to her. at that point she jumped back 3 feet with a frightened look on her face and then launched into an attack on me.when i asked if there was any proof she handed me a book by Ellen Cutler M.D. but the book was nothing more than the doctor claiming that this person and that person recovered.i needed something more before spending $3500+however, i have always been intrigued with it due to certain things that occurred afterwards. plus, i had several experiences with kinesiology that left me puzzled. it seemed to do as claimed.as far as M. V. goes -- 'he is a known element' -- what does that mean? he pisses hundreds of people off. he gives very bad advice to so many. he harms people --ask Stace. he believes in nothing. he toys with people. he is just plain obnoxious. proof of that was in his 6 month ban. it should be a lifetime ban.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
it would have cost me about $3500+ from what they told me. insurance did not cover it. a friend of a friend spent close to $4000 and it did not help her. she was very angry from what i heard. she suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome and some extremely strange immune system reaction -- her skin blistered all over.that is just one of the reasons why i am a little cautious of it. however, for awhile now i have suspected that it could do as claim. that is why i was glad to here of your success.when my practitioner claimed that i might be allergic to my blood -- she also claimed to be able to test it via kinesiology-- i suggested a quick blinded experiment to her. at that point she jumped back 3 feet with a frightened look on her face and then launched into an attack on me.when i asked if there was any proof she handed me a book by Ellen Cutler M.D. but the book was nothing more than the doctor claiming that this person and that person recovered.i needed something more before spending $3500+however, i have always been intrigued with it due to certain things that occurred afterwards. plus, i had several experiences with kinesiology that left me puzzled. it seemed to do as claimed.as far as M. V. goes -- 'he is a known element' -- what does that mean? he pisses hundreds of people off. he gives very bad advice to so many. he harms people --ask Stace. he believes in nothing. he toys with people. he is just plain obnoxious. proof of that was in his 6 month ban. it should be a lifetime ban.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That is true, Flux (Yes, I know his REAL name too) is a known element because everybody knows how he is. Only new guys can be bothered by him, the rest of us well, ya just gotta know he is what he is, and like him or not, we have to respect his right to be here, just like we have that right. I quit with the righteous indignation with him many years ago, and pretty much either ignore him or make jokes at him. I DO believe his heart is in the right place, he is just an opinionated crusty old guy who suffers like the rest of us with bowel problems. Doesn't it make you grumpy at times? I have pissed people off at times too, just not with the regularity of Flux....Maggie

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That is true, Flux (Yes, I know his REAL name too) is a known element because everybody knows how he is. Only new guys can be bothered by him, the rest of us well, ya just gotta know he is what he is, and like him or not, we have to respect his right to be here, just like we have that right. I quit with the righteous indignation with him many years ago, and pretty much either ignore him or make jokes at him. I DO believe his heart is in the right place, he is just an opinionated crusty old guy who suffers like the rest of us with bowel problems. Doesn't it make you grumpy at times? I have pissed people off at times too, just not with the regularity of Flux....Maggie

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Flux, you WOULD say it is a hoax.
That it is a hoax is fact.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Flux, you WOULD say it is a hoax.
That it is a hoax is fact.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Flux, you are SO predictable. Not to worry though my old bean, you have your opinion, and I have mine. I KNOW it works, you THINK it is a hoax. I do not have to adhere to what you think, and you can ignore what I know. So how have you been lately? Maggie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.