Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have mentioned something to this effect before on this board, but if so, I can't remember. Anyway, perhaps someone here will find it interesting to know.In college history class, the teacher shared something interesting about Napoleon. His popular "pose" for painted portraits always included his hand near his abdomen. While people thought it was a new "fashionable" pose, it was actually due to IBS. Also, pain from hemmorhoids made him lose the Waterloo Battle. I also saw a magazine ad for digestive enzymes showing Napoleon with a big, bloated belly.The history teacher also mentioned that ancient Egyptians, as well as many Europeans hundreds of years ago, would go to "purge houses" on a daily basis with the belief that they had to "cleanse" themselves every day. They used harsh herbs and stimulants to "get it all out."I thought it was interesting. I think it shows that IBS is not all a result of changes in foods and food processing and that it has been present since the beginning of time. Naturally, it did not get much publicity.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Tom:Interesting that you should mention George Bush. His father, George Bush Senior reportedly suffers from IBS, and one of the Bush sons suffered from ulcerative colitis until having his colon removed surgically.~JR~

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Tom:Interesting that you should mention George Bush. His father, George Bush Senior reportedly suffers from IBS, and one of the Bush sons suffered from ulcerative colitis until having his colon removed surgically.~JR~

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Q: _____________________________________"i wonder what Bush's constantly 'pained' look comes from?" _____________________________________A: Frustraton with himself...no matter how hard he concentrates he keeps repeating over and over that he is going to "route out" those terrorists instead of "root out" them terrorists.
MNL_______________www.leapallergy.com

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Q: _____________________________________"i wonder what Bush's constantly 'pained' look comes from?" _____________________________________A: Frustraton with himself...no matter how hard he concentrates he keeps repeating over and over that he is going to "route out" those terrorists instead of "root out" them terrorists.
MNL_______________www.leapallergy.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.