Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.Kmottus stated earlier that narrow stools may need evaluating.Well I have these and they have a funny sorta of shape not well formed. I have had a barium enema, sigmoidoscopy and abdo ct in this area as well as small series x-rays and top end endoscopy, all normal. Is this OK?Thanks.Andy.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi.They say here in the UK that they scope if they find something on the barium enema, to reduce risks of colonoscopy problems.I have not had the colonoscopy because my barium and other tests where completely normal.Is this OK?Thanks.Andy.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi.They say here in the UK that they scope if they find something on the barium enema, to reduce risks of colonoscopy problems.I have not had the colonoscopy because my barium and other tests where completely normal.Is this OK?Thanks.Andy.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi.Mike.What do you mean by small trouble areas that the barium might miss?I assume that if there was a polyp this would have shown on the BE if the problem was significant to cause me loose stools.I must admit hat I have been suffering will loose stools without much relief from day one 18 months ago and have 'spoken 'with Karl 2001 who lives in thStates who had the same tests as me ie, BE and sigmoidoscopy.This sort of info does tend to worry you after such a long time of being told that there's nothing wrong.Thanks.AndyThanks.Andy.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi.Mike.What do you mean by small trouble areas that the barium might miss?I assume that if there was a polyp this would have shown on the BE if the problem was significant to cause me loose stools.I must admit hat I have been suffering will loose stools without much relief from day one 18 months ago and have 'spoken 'with Karl 2001 who lives in thStates who had the same tests as me ie, BE and sigmoidoscopy.This sort of info does tend to worry you after such a long time of being told that there's nothing wrong.Thanks.AndyThanks.Andy.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kmottus?Should I have a colonoscopy in your opinion?I have a variable pain under the left rib area (splenic flex?) and have had the stated tests. I suffer from loose or slender stools and have done for 18 months. Anxiety is a problem and this sort of well intentioned information is a worry.What do you do?All my bloods are normal also.Thanks.Andy

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kmottus?Should I have a colonoscopy in your opinion?I have a variable pain under the left rib area (splenic flex?) and have had the stated tests. I suffer from loose or slender stools and have done for 18 months. Anxiety is a problem and this sort of well intentioned information is a worry.What do you do?All my bloods are normal also.Thanks.Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.